Thread: RText - *Error* - Function "AI_RTOS" is not defined in: "ai_utils.lsp"

Login to Give a bone

Question RText - *Error* - Function "AI_RTOS" is not defined in: "ai_utils.lsp"

When I use Remote Text, I get this error message.

Command: rtext

*Error* - Function "AI_RTOS" is not defined in: "ai_utils.lsp".
    invalid data type or data overflow:

Any ideas? If you need to know any other information, let me know.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RText - *Error* - Function "AI_RTOS" is not defined in: "ai_utils.lsp"

What is your need for using RTEXT? Being that you are on a 2006 based AutoCAD, could you use FIELDS instead?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RText - *Error* - Function "AI_RTOS" is not defined in: "ai_utils.lsp"

Does anyone know of any real use for Remote Text? One of my guys discovered it yesterday and while I applaud his initiative I can't think of any real use for it. I encouraged him to hunt around to find some way to make use of Remote Text (don't want to discourage him). As far as I can tell Fields are more versatile and useful.
    Don boyer

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by boyerd
    Does anyone know of any real use for Remote Text? One of my guys discovered it yesterday and while I applaud his initiative I can't think of any real use for it. I encouraged him to hunt around to find some way to make use of Remote Text (don't want to discourage him). As far as I can tell Fields are more versatile and useful.
    Don boyer
    There are still some things RTEXT can do that FIELDs cannot. Listing of attached XREFs is one thing.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    There are still some things RTEXT can do that FIELDs cannot. Listing of attached XREFs is one thing.
    Also, RText works through xrefs. Fields may do this too, I don't honestly know, but I find RText easier.

Fields will, of course, take over completely one day, until then, long live RText! (You can put lots of lovely Diesel strings in RText too).