Thread: Unknown command message appears on command line, after executing a routine

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Unknown command message appears on command line, after executing a routine

I have written some routines that work just fine, but for some reason I always get "unknown command" on my command line after i have executed the routine. Is there a way to get rid of this? I have placed (princ) at the end of my routines.

Any help would be great

Emily

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unknown command message appears on command line, after executing a routine

Could you post the code so we can have a look and see where it is failing? It would be a lot easier that way.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unknown command message appears on command line, after executing a routine

Quote Originally Posted by eleonard
    I have written some routines that work just fine, but for some reason I always get "unknown command" on my command line after i have executed the routine. Is there a way to get rid of this? I have placed (princ) at the end of my routines.

Any help would be great

Emily
    It appears that your routine makes a call to an unknown command. This could occur when you have too few or too many sets of quotes within a (command call. Are you able to post your routine?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eleonard

Any help would be great

Emily
    If you run it in the debug mode, you can single-step through lines of code until you hit the one that blows up. You can also try turning on command echo and running your routine.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I will try and run the debug first and if it still continues or i can't figure it out i will post my code.