Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting 'Curtain Wall Panel' Family to 'Window-Curtain Wall' Family

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Converting 'Curtain Wall Panel' Family to 'Window-Curtain Wall' Family

I built a curtain panel using the the 'Curtain wall panel' template. I need it to tag the same as my windows and schedule. I have a previous family that I built with the 'Window-Curtain Wall' template. Both have the same category parameters, and are unable to be changed.

Is there a way to find the parameters or convert the family to another template?!?!?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Converting 'Curtain Wall Panel' Family to 'Window-Curtain Wall' Family

Please post the family

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Converting 'Curtain Wall Panel' Family to 'Window-Curtain Wall' Family

This is the family that I want to Change to a window.
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time DanielleAnderson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I can't open the file because I am still in 8.1, but can't you just go into the family, change the family type category to windows and then reimport it into your model?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

No you cannot change the category - it is grayed out. And even if you use the 'Window -Curtain Wall' Template, the category is still Curtain Panel, not Window. It still tags it and schedules it as a window though.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Converting 'Curtain Wall Panel' Family to 'Window-Curtain Wall' Family

DAVE!

We are still on 8.1 so I can't open the family. That's a tough one and I'm not sure I have an answer but thought I would just give you a holla anyway! Is it possible to embed a window family into the curtain panel family and then when you tag the curtain family - it would tag the window that you have embedded?

Just keepin' it Revit

-mw

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Good Idea McGyver. Unfortunately you cannot load a curtain panel into a family. shucks. I don't want to rebuild this family! by the way Mike - you guys need to upgrade to 9.0 - Archideas is living in 2005!

Login to Give a bone

Dave,

Actually I was thinking the other way - load the window family into the curtain wall. I'm not really sure if this will work but maybe worth a shot. We have 9 but are waiting for them work a few issues out... hope you haven't done any area plans yet...

-mw

I could stop if I wanted to Tom Dorner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

There is a way to "fake it". I created a window family for schedule faking that is just symbolic lines in elevation. Size it to the extents of your curtain wall and you can now tag like a window.

Yes I know this is not the true Revit way, but I only had two curtain walls in a project someone else started and needed a way to get the CD's out the door quick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time DanielleAnderson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The other thing you could do (which I think was alluded to here in previous posts to this thread) is to switch out the curtain wall panel with a wall (infill some sort of generic wall into the panel in the model) and then put windows into that infilled wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast