Thread: Help! Central File corrupted

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Help! Central File corrupted

While working in my local .rvt file, I tried to "save to central" and it immediately told me "File Not Saved". I then tried to open up the central file directly and was given a message: "An unrecoverable error has occurred. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files." I cannot "save as" my local file without it wanting to "save to central", which I cannot do. The latest .bak file is from yesterday, so it will not contain my latest local file changes.

Also, in looking at the central file, it is 150Mb. I tried to copy and paste my local file and rename it as the new central file, but the size is only 68Mb, so that doesn't appear to be a good solution, either. Any immediate help from anyone that has experience this would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help! Central File corrupted

Were you the only user working from the Central file?

If so, your local file is the most current and you won't loose anything. Use "save as" but under options make it a new central file. I think best practice would be to use a new central name.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help! Central File corrupted

Quote Originally Posted by katiel
    Also, in looking at the central file, it is 150Mb. I tried to copy and paste my local file and rename it as the new central file, but the size is only 68Mb, so that doesn't appear to be a good solution, either. Any immediate help from anyone that has experience this would be greatly appreciated.
    The file size doesn't mean the central has more data than the local. It could just be that the central file hasn't been compacted recently. Save As the local file using the Make New Central option.