• Are fine.

3 13.64%
  • I dont use it.

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Print Preview Thumbnail

AUGI Addict

Default Print Preview Thumbnail

Print Previews take AGES in Revit. I would really like to be able to get an instant preview thumbnail like there is in Autocad or Acrobat etc to simply confirm what the area of the sheet being taken up is. The Autocad method is very good as it is just a block showing the area.

I hate the print preview at the moment as it takes an eternity to preview to find out you are actually printing wrong - then you have to do it again!! lets change it ASAP please
    Last edited by Martin P; 2006-06-01 at 03:39 PM.

AUGI Addict

Default Re: Print Preview Thumbnail

Ok. I wish I hadnt added that option.

They are not fine - they take too long - much longer than anything else I use.... therfore they arent fine.

I am getting tired of this.
    Last edited by Martin P; 2006-06-01 at 04:28 PM.

You use the print preview?

I always considered the sheet itself the print preview....

AUGI Addict

Well, mostly I try not to for the above reason!!... occasionally though I dont trust myself to have set everything right and press the preview button - then instantly wish I hadnt bothered as it slowly, slowly, slowly regenerates a little bit at a time - only to show me that I have set up my sheet wrong.... So I suppose I dont use it that much, but only because its such a pain in the .... to do so.

I dont mind you picking that option Aaron Sometimes just get tired of the single vote from the "not a problem" phantom that seems to lurk the wishlist sometimes...Phantom, dont you know that option is usually only put there to be polite? - its not meant to actually be picked!! If its on the wishlist - somebody thinks its a problem, so dont pick it!! LOL...for the avoidance of doubt, I am joking!
    Last edited by Martin P; 2006-06-02 at 04:22 PM.

I use preview on regular bases i.e. when I need to print just small portion from actual sheet or directly from the view (it's just sometimes easier to take little print with comments to boss than the whole screen..).

I'm not too keen on improving preview, but I'm keen on getting print area - tool (AutoCAD print window) to print any specific spot on view or sheet. The printing option Visible portion of the view is never actually same as you see on screen and going back and forth between print preview and View is frustrating..

I could stop if I wanted to Dean Camlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple
    You use the print preview?

I always considered the sheet itself the print preview....
    Unfortunately, the way text sometimes behaves, WYSINWYG, and you have to use the print preview to see how it will turn out.

AUGI Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jarkko.rauvanlahti
    I use preview on regular bases i.e. when I need to print just small portion from actual sheet or directly from the view (it's just sometimes easier to take little print with comments to boss than the whole screen..).

I'm not too keen on improving preview, but I'm keen on getting print area - tool (AutoCAD print window) to print any specific spot on view or sheet. The printing option Visible portion of the view is never actually same as you see on screen and going back and forth between print preview and View is frustrating..
    If you make the view into a "Window" (ie not minimize of maximize, the other one.) The window extents are the extents of the print - if you know what I mean... Strange thing to say that you are frustrated with previewing in Revit - but that you arent keen to improve it !?
    Last edited by Martin P; 2006-06-07 at 02:14 PM.

All AUGI, all the time BillyGrey's Avatar

Heavens to mergatroid, don't try this with lots of shadows on...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin P
    If you make the view into a "Window" (ie not minimize of maximize, the other one.) The window extents are the extents of the print - if you know what I mean... Strange thing to say that you are frustrated with previewing in Revit - but that you arent keen to improve it !?

The window extents haven't been the extents of the print - close but never exactly same and some part gets missing - we usually print A4 or A3 and that's almost never size of the plan print. there's also many cases where I need just small detail in different scale.

If I would get print area tool I wouldn't need preview any better from now - for normal preview of sheet it's ok.

AUGI Addict

This should print exactly the window if its not maximized, if you pick visible portion in print. Are you saying that sometimes it does match 100% using this method? I dont use it very often, but it usually seems to work?

I do prefer the the method where you draw a window though and agree it would be good to add it, .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast