Thread: What will allow me to change the Measure Scale without affecting the entire DWG

Login to Give a bone

Question What will allow me to change the Measure Scale without affecting the entire DWG

Can someone please tell me the variable that controls the association of the dims (text)? Let me explain, I am dimensioning several different scale details on one page. So I can change the 'measure scale', but it changes all dims on the page. What will allow me to change the 'measure scale' w/o affecting the entire dwg?
    Thanks - BigKen

I could stop if I wanted to Sammie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What will allow me to change the Measure Scale without affecting the entire DWG

Quote Originally Posted by bigken069
    Can someone please tell me the variable that controls the association of the dims (text)? Let me explain, I am dimensioning several different scale details on one page. So I can change the 'measure scale', but it changes all dims on the page. What will allow me to change the 'measure scale' w/o affecting the entire dwg?
    Thanks - BigKen
    Could you tell me what program are you using, so that I can place this into the proper forum??

Thank You,

Samantha Hally
    CWC Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What will allow me to change the Measure Scale without affecting the entire DWG

Sorry - ACAD '04.............

Login to Give a bone

Do you dimension in model space or in paper space?

For model space dimesioning you can use DIMSCALE settins to achieve proper scaling by changing DIMSCALE value according to the drawing scale

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bigken069
    Thanks - BigKen
    If you need dims to be different scales for different scaled details, you'll need to use different dimstyles. Or you can adjust individual pieces of dimensions through the Properties.

Login to Give a bone

^^^ What he said.^^^

Create a different dimstyle (DDIM command) for each different scale that you need.