Thread: Fonts and exporting to autocad

Login to Give a bone

Question Fonts and exporting to autocad

I have a Graphite Black font and when I export to AutoCAD the formatting changes and reformats and extends to the next line and overlaps the text below.

This also happens in the schedules.

Has any one else have this problem? Is there a way to change a font setting of the font to change this?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fonts and exporting to autocad

This is a work-around (when I determine a better way, I will post), but I got the result I wanted by creating a DWS file specifically for Revit exports. Then, run the Standards Checker using this DWS file. This works in about 85% of the cases. Be sure and set the Standard style to the font you want. Just have not spent enough "thinking" time on this but I know exactly what you mean.

I have also discovered that AutoCAD, Word, Excel, and Revit all "think" about formatting, text wrapping, tabs and manual line breaks differently. I am better at getting it to work as an AutoCAD link into Revit (more experience since we are not so crazy about the Revit text option for code notes). Pretty good at getting Excel to an AutoCAD Table to Revit also. If you would not mind posting an example, I would be happy to do a little testing with my bag of tricks. But not until next Tuesday.

I only mess with this because we are having pretty great luck using Revit 9 Keynoting to get Building Assemblies into Revit. We are taking this whole collection of DOC and XLS files full of project information used for years and leveraging the Windows programs to get it into a TXT format for keynotes.