Thread: Graphics Problems running Inv 10 Pro & Solidworks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Graphics Problems running Inv 10 Pro & Solidworks!

Hi! I have a company that is going to set me up with a seat of “Solid Works” 2006! Unfortunatly because of the type of contract work I do I am confronted with learning different software packages! Wha a pain! Last time I tried a demo while having Inventor 10 installed on my computer I started having serious screen breakups! Some of the screen would look scratchy to the point I could barely read the menu buttons. When Inventor is alone there is no problem. I am currently running a Pentium 3.2 Ghz with 3 gigs Ram, Nvidia Gforce 6800 128M Graphics card & a Dell Ultra Sharp 19” Flat Panel, Win XP Pro! Please don’t tell me I have to buy a new Graphics card. I just spent $540.00 Canadian for this card a year ago! Any ideas! Are these 2 programs perhaps not compatible on the same hardrive! Any ideas! TIA!

Paul

Rymal Drafting Inc.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Graphics Problems running Inv 10 Pro & Solidworks!

Prymal, I used to run Inventor 9 & Solidworks 2003 on the same PC a while ago. The PC wasn't that powerful, 1.4GHz Athlon with 1GHz RAM & 64Mb NVIDIA GeForce 4 but it ran ok. Are you using the Autodesk graphics drivers? On the NVIDIA Quadro that I run now, in settings, there is a specific setting for Inventor & for Solidworks, is yours the same?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by prymal
    Nvidia Gforce 6800 128M Graphics card .
    That card is not certified for Inventor or SolidWorks. It is a game card.
    I have the same card in my computer. I was able to get it to work for both Inventor and SoldWorks by changing the driver to 6.14.10.6722
    There are now later drivers available, but this one works fine for two years and I remember having great difficulty installing it so I haven't bothered to fool with it.

Where do I live? Now that's a good question...
    Login to Give a bone

Paul, anytime you're working for with a CAD package, regardless of the brand, it's always best to use a CAD certified card. Mr. Mather was right on in his assessment. The majority of crashes you'll see, the ghost images, and other general on screen weirdness can usually be traced back to your graphics card. One thing you might consider when doing contract work ( I do this myself) is to request that they provide you with a workstation with their software loaded on it. That way, you cut your costs and you know that you are working with their standards. Your client then doesn't have to worry about their content being spread over several computers and doesn't have to manage your random seat of software. Whenever you pick up a new seat of software, be sure to browse their site for the latest "approved" cards and drivers. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by prymal
    Hi! I have a company that is going to set me up with a seat of “Solid Works” 2006! Unfortunatly because of the type of contract work I do I am confronted with learning different software packages! Wha a pain! Last time I tried a demo while having Inventor 10 installed on my computer I started having serious screen breakups! Some of the screen would look scratchy to the point I could barely read the menu buttons. When Inventor is alone there is no problem. I am currently running a Pentium 3.2 Ghz with 3 gigs Ram, Nvidia Gforce 6800 128M Graphics card & a Dell Ultra Sharp 19” Flat Panel, Win XP Pro! Please don’t tell me I have to buy a new Graphics card. I just spent $540.00 Canadian for this card a year ago! Any ideas! Are these 2 programs perhaps not compatible on the same hardrive! Any ideas! TIA!

Paul

Rymal Drafting Inc.