Thread: Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds

Login to Give a bone

Default Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds

Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds. For instance, I can open the box (which takes 20 seconds to open), then I can double click into a model space view port. It will take another 20 seconds berfore the crosshairs come up so you can work in this viewport. And that is just one example. Saving the file takes 20 seconds. This happens with a multitude of commands once the properities dialog box is opened. The only way to stop this problem is to close autocad down and reopen it, but once you click on the properties dialog box again all the problems come back.

Anybody have an idea?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by greg.114906
    Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds. For instance, I can open the box (which takes 20 seconds to open), then I can double click into a model space view port. It will take another 20 seconds berfore the crosshairs come up so you can work in this viewport. And that is just one example. Saving the file takes 20 seconds. This happens with a multitude of commands once the properities dialog box is opened. The only way to stop this problem is to close autocad down and reopen it, but once you click on the properties dialog box again all the problems come back.

Anybody have an idea?
    Interesting. What version of AutoCAD are you using?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Whenever I open the properties dialog box subsequent commands lag 15-20 seconds

I am using 2006 with Ketiv

Login to Give a bone

I am using 2006 with Ketiv
    I've heard of the Autodesk Reseller called Ketiv, are you referring to add-on software by that company?

Login to Give a bone

Yes.

BTW, turned out to fix the problem I had to go to my "add and remove programs" and click on "change" then do a repair. Now all is good. Just had to reset my profile once that was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Augi Doggie
    I've heard of the Autodesk Reseller called Ketiv, are you referring to add-on software by that company?

Login to Give a bone

Yes.

BTW, turned out to fix the problem I had to go to my "add and remove programs" and click on "change" then do a repair. Now all is good. Just had to reset my profile once that was done.
    Great news!

I was hoping it could be solved with something less dramatic than a repair, but I'm glad it worked.
    Last edited by Ken.Leary; 2006-06-14 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Spelling