Thread: ABS 2007 object enabler

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default ABS 2007 object enabler

Help!

Does anyone know if/when Autodesk is going to release the object enabler for ABS2007.

I've saved a drawing into ABS2007 and didn't realize that Navisworks doesn't support ABS2007 yet. So, I did a saves back to ABS2004 format but it does not recognize my conduit. Now when I bring the file into Navisworks I get only lines for my conduit. I'm pretty sure if I had the enabler to allow ABS2006 to display ABS2007 entities that I could also get it to display correctly in NavisWorks.

I'm supposed to have a NavisWorks presentation of the project ready by next week and it is unacceptable to not be able to show my conduit.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ABS 2007 object enabler

There is a link in this thread to a ABS2007 enabler. However, I'm having issues with it. It doesn't seem to work for me, and gives continuous error messages. Hopefully it might work for you.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...sageID=5206702

Login to Give a bone

Thanks jbaker,

Unfortunately the object enabler you linked to will allow viewing of ABS2007 objects in other 2007 versions (ie vanilla CAD). What I'm looking for is an enabler that will allow me to view ABS2007 objects in ABS2006.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

From my understanding you can't save back and get anything useful from your model. Lots of people are in the same boat. About the only option I can think of that might work is to import it in Revit, and try to export it back out to ABS2006, but you can't do it in the current version of Revit either. You'd need to find an older version (RB8 or RS2) and that might work. but from what I've heard you're not going to have much luck.
    Last edited by david_peterson; 2006-06-19 at 07:19 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks David,

I currently don't have access to Revit but I just got off the phone with NavisWorks Support and they currently have a Beta version of NavisWorks that will read ABS2007 files and are anticipating releasing the final version in a week or two. Luckily I only saved one of my files into ABS2007 format, I'll wait until I get the new version of Navis before I convert any of my other files to ABS2007.

I think Autodesk needs to release an object enabler soon that will allow people with pre2007 versions of AutoCAD the ability to read 2007 objects.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com