See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Non Continuous Linetype used with Sketch command looks Continuous no matter what

Login to Give a bone

Default Non Continuous Linetype used with Sketch command looks Continuous no matter what

I have search and searched and searched and I cannot find my answer.

Ok, so I am trying to figure out how to make the linetype actuallly show up on a sketch line. ie, freehand <sketch> the outline for a river. Try to change the ltype to a water course line (____ . . . ____) and it appears continuous. I understand that it's beacuse the line segments for the sketch are too small but what is the workaround, or is there one.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non Continuous Linetype used with Sketch command looks Continuous no matter what

Ok first step, convert the sketch lines to plines and join them, (or set skpoly to 1 before sketching the line to automatically create a pline)

Next, set plinegen to 1. This wil make the sketched lines look ok, but it may make other plines look goofy (at corners for example)

That should do it!

Edit: However, it still seems to not work the greatest if your sketch segments are really small. May need some more experimentation.
    Also, the plinegen only affects plines created after setting it. However, you can draw one, and then match properties on the others, or select them all and change in the properties palette (linetype generation)
    Last edited by cholmes; 2006-06-16 at 08:23 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non Continuous Linetype used with Sketch command looks Continuous no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by cholmes
    Ok first step, convert the sketch lines to plines and join them, (or set skpoly to 1 before sketching the line to automatically create a pline)

Next, set plinegen to 1. This wil make the sketched lines look ok, but it may make other plines look goofy (at corners for example)

That should do it!

Edit: However, it still seems to not work the greatest if your sketch segments are really small. May need some more experimentation.
    Also, the plinegen only affects plines created after setting it. However, you can draw one, and then match properties on the others, or select them all and change in the properties palette (linetype generation)
    HAHAHAHA Genius. Thank you so much. I have spend half the day looking for that!

Login to Give a bone

Also, do you really need to use Sketch?
    Have you tried drawing with Pline and fitting curves (with Pedit) afterwards?
    When I was tracing maps I soon gave up with Sketch; even with Skpoly set.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    Also, do you really need to use Sketch?
    Have you tried drawing with Pline and fitting curves (with Pedit) afterwards?
    When I was tracing maps I soon gave up with Sketch; even with Skpoly set.

Sketch seems too cumbersome.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Sketch seems too cumbersome.
    How to convert your pc into an expensive Etch-a-Sketch.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Non Continuous Linetype used with Sketch command looks Continuous no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    How to convert your pc into an expensive Etch-a-Sketch.
    The only time I use the sketch command is when embelishing elevations, ie. adding trees or vegetation in a hand draw style.

I didn't know about the skpoly sys var though.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

we use it for drawing proposed contours, we have a mouse that is shaped like a pen, it works great for this, alot easier than a mouse.