Thread: Unable to delete text problem.

I could stop if I wanted to Paul P.'s Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to delete text problem.

I've got a strange problem that I've never come across before, the project I'm working on has worksets enabled and is in Revit 9.

I'm trying to delete some text but when I pick the text it shows the little blue pin symbol, when I try to unpin the text it has no effect it just unpicks the text and when I try to delete the text I get the following error message, "Grouped elements can only be deleted when the group is being edited. To delete a member select the group and then click the Edit Group button on the toolbar, then delete the member." the strange thing about this is that its not part of a group, I dont get Edit Group or Ungroup options that you would when something is grouped.

Has anyone had this happen to them before or know of a solution.

Regards, Paul.

I could stop if I wanted to Paul P.'s Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to delete text problem.

Problem solved, a STC, then picked the offending text and got a different error message, "
    Group instances of the same type do not contain identical members. Press "Fix groups..." to select from options to make the groups consistent. Corresponding group members in different group instances diverge in the following respects:
    - Group members are missing in some group instances" I then pressed Fix Group and deleted the inconsistent members from the group.

How this happened I dont know, how can I have copies of the same group but without identical members?

Paul.

All AUGI, all the time ejburrell67787's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to delete text problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P.
    Problem solved, a STC, then picked the offending text and got a different error message, "
    Group instances of the same type do not contain identical members. Press "Fix groups..." to select from options to make the groups consistent. Corresponding group members in different group instances diverge in the following respects:
    - Group members are missing in some group instances" I then pressed Fix Group and deleted the inconsistent members from the group.

How this happened I dont know, how can I have copies of the same group but without identical members?

Paul.
    I have had similar. I can't remember the elements that I couldn't edit but it was a groups / workset issue also and was solved just as you say.
    Elrond Burrell, Architect

[Connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter]

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
    - Chinese Proverb