See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Make Plotting easy in AutoCAD LT 2007

Login to Give a bone

Default Make Plotting easy in AutoCAD LT 2007

My company has 25 computers, multiple printers, multiple operating systems. I would like to set up Autocad 2007 LT to print like R14. So when each person presses plot. I remembers the printer, extents, etc. as the last time they printed. Previous plot works OK, but still is cumbersome and does not work all the time. That way when you have to print 50 drawings you can just click print. Not reset the page setup.

JARED FOX
    MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
    FN MANUFACTURING

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make Plotting easy in AutoCAD LT 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jaredf
    My company has 25 computers, multiple printers, multiple operating systems. I would like to set up Autocad 2007 LT to print like R14. So when each person presses plot. I remembers the printer, extents, etc. as the last time they printed. Previous plot works OK, but still is cumbersome and does not work all the time. That way when you have to print 50 drawings you can just click print. Not reset the page setup.

JARED FOX
    MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
    FN MANUFACTURING
    I thin the best thing from R14 onwards is the plotting changes, and benefits from it. I know this is likely not what you want to hear, but creating a few page setups and saving them in your template will make plotting much easier. You can also use sheet set manager or publish to run your plots quickly and easily.

...1st & 1st...Im at the nexis of the universe...
    Login to Give a bone

Im not using 2007, but is there not a "save changes to layout" checkbox in the plot dialogues box?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bmonk
    Im not using 2007, but is there not a "save changes to layout" checkbox in the plot dialogues box?
    You can apply the changes to the layout; or save the changes to the layout - apply is an individual drawing thing, where as the save the changes check applies to all drawing opened and plotted (I think)

Login to Give a bone

The page layouts work great If it is just one person printing the documents. I have 25 people all printing the same documents with multiple printers. It is very time consuming to change the page layout for each drawing because person A opened one drawing and set the layout to their printer, and person B set the drawing to there printer.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bmonk
    Yes, there is. There is also a button to apply changes to the layout, but that only works on a dwg for dwg basis, not on all dwgs.

Login to Give a bone

The page layouts work great If it is just one person printing the documents. I have 25 people all printing the same documents with multiple printers. It is very time consuming to change the page layout for each drawing because person A opened one drawing and set the layout to their printer, and person B set the drawing to there printer.
    We have people plotting to multiple plotters here as well; I have set up page setups for each plotter and the person plotting is responsible for changing to the correct plotter - that is part of their job.

Also, check out the publish command, they can publish 50 dwgs at once and choose the page setup for each of those (you can select all drawings, change the page setup and it will plot all 50 to the right plotter)

Login to Give a bone

You can't just turn off page setups. You have to tell it what to plot somehow. With R14 it did not remember what plot settings were for a particular drawing, it ignored them. It only had the "Previous plot" option. With page setups, at least you can choose to plot a whole set of dwgs with the same page setup (see Brenda's comment about Publish), which may or may not be what the previous plot was.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Page set ups combined with Publish works great for this. You can over ride the page set up a all the layouts selected.

Login to Give a bone