It is possible to format the Object field for a viewport's scale to display the way civil firms like to see the scales, e.g. 1"=20'
However, it means you need to change the format of the field expression. Here is the process. I have also attached an image of the field's required format.
- Display the Field dialog (likely from MText or EAttEdit).
- Select Objects category, Object name.
- Select the PViewport.
- Select the Custom scale property.
- Highlight and copy the expression listed at the bottom of the dialog to your text editor.
- Change the format string to match: 1\"=%lu2%ct1%qf28161'
- Copy the modified string to the clipboard.
- Cancel the Field dialog.
- Paste the clipboard into the current MText/EAttEdit/(whatever) dialog.
I hope you find this post useful.