Thread: Decorative Ceiling tiles

Login to Give a bone

Default Decorative Ceiling tiles

I'm looking for a decorative tin ceiling tile similar to what you might see in an old ice cream parlor. I would like to put it in a 2'x2' grid. Several manufacturers make them but haven't found any in Revit. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decorative Ceiling tiles

This is seriously cheating and it depends on how much time you have but in an emergency, you could make a ceiling-based generic family into which you import a 3D AutoCAD model. I avoid this like the plague for network content because it contaminates object styles and line styles and will not flex and does not always look perfect. But for a quick fix, you could try it. Assuming freebie manufacturer content for AutoCAD is modeled... Maybe even check out freebie SketchUp content and do the same thing - you might get lucky.

I know it takes time, but if you do a lot of historical restoration work at you firm, it might be worth creating a few "generic" tiles that you can use as rendering eye candy. No one will likely look too closely so you can probably come close enough without modeling every acanthus leaf or grape or squiggle in the actual specified product. Just takes time. Good luck in your search.
    Last edited by phyllisr; 2006-07-11 at 02:04 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bc3ddesign
    I'm looking for a decorative tin ceiling tile similar to what you might see in an old ice cream parlor. I would like to put it in a 2'x2' grid. Several manufacturers make them but haven't found any in Revit. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    For the CD's, I'd use one of the graphical hatch pattern editors on the market to make a *.pat file.
    For rendered images, I'd use a bitmap along wiith a bump map.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

Login to Give a bone

Here is the best . It is mainly composed of polyester fiber material, which is also a strong sound absorption and noise reduction material. The reason why they absorb sound is mainly because of their own porosity and film resonance principle.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the best . It is mainly composed of polyester fiber material, which is also a strong sound absorption and noise reduction material. The reason why they absorb sound is mainly because of their own porosity and film resonance principle.

Login to Give a bone

Here you are, the best option . These are also environmentally friendly sound-absorbing boards made of 100% polyester fiber, which is bonded by heat rather than conventional chemical adhesives. Since polyester is naturally resistant to moisture, pests, insects, molds and bacteria, so do our interior decorative panels.