Thread: NO and NC contact tagging

Login to Give a bone

Default NO and NC contact tagging

Gday,
    in ACADE, when a child contact is referenced to by its parent coil, the XRef includes a tag to show the pin numbers used, and the type of contact associated with those pin numbers.
    For some wierd and odd reason, now that I have switched from IEC symbols to the Australian Standard AS1100 symbols, the coil will now have the format of:
    eg:
    13 (capacitor symbol) 14 [E4]
    where, 13 and 14 are the pin numbers, the capacitor symbol is part of the ACADE.fnt font and [E4] is the xref (our client uses xy zonal referencing)

Now, what I need is to change that capacitor symbol to the NO contact symbol. The capacitor symbol (and corresponding strikethrough capacitor symbol for NC) are gained by using lowercase x and o in ACADE font, and the NO and NC symbols are gained by using UPPERCASE X and O in ACADE font. So does anyone know what setting I need to change to rectify this for all components which reference child components in the same manner using pin assignments??

Cheers, Owen

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: NO and NC contact tagging

Good afternoon,

Could you attach an example of what it should look like?
    Then I can see what needs to be changes.
    Sounds like you will have to modify the blocks.

Login to Give a bone

If you take a look at the attached drawing, the relay coil has two NO contacts hanging off it. In the pinout section to the right of the coil, on pins 13 and 14, it shows the image which comes up automatically when inserting a contact. This is characterised in the ACADEREF font as a lowercase o. On pins 43 and 44 I added a second NO contact, but this time I went in and manually doctored it, and changed the lowercase o to an uppercase O. This then gives the correct NO symbol. Any Idea where I can change this so that it always uses uppercase??

Cheers, Owen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Also I dont think that it will be the blocks, as the blocks just have an Xref attribute which gets filled in when inserted. From what I can see, there should be a data file (something.DAT) which will need to be modified in a program like notepad, which will have the coding for the symbols in it.

Cheers, Owen

Login to Give a bone

Will check in the morning when I get to work.
    Thanks for clarifying the information.
    Can now get a better look at the issue.
    You may be right about the data file being changed, or it might just be a setting.

Login to Give a bone

When reviewing this at work, could only think that we will need to dig into the programming element. Seems that there is a link between the xref that the program reads. Could be through a lisp file.

So, I need to do more digging.

I have not found anything in the settings.

Oh, you may want to check out this site located inside autodesk. Have only just recently noticed this discussion group for electrical.

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/discussions

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blog/nate/

Hope this is helpful.
    Will continue to look into this.
    Renata

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your help mate, ill be checking into those sites to try and see if i can come up with something. The way it does it out of the box is a right royal pain in the backside, and needs to be changed...

Cheers, Owen

Login to Give a bone

Are you in AutoCAD Electrical 2007 yet?

Mike Perry shows a link to an AutoCAD Electrical 2007 Screencast; under Coil/Contact Cross Referencing they walk us through that same issue you are having.

So it is accessible in 2007 by changing the cross referencing from text to graphic.

This option is not in 2006. Let me know if you need me to look deeper into how this is done. If need to, may be able to see how they changed it and make a program. But if you are going to upgrade soon...that would help you tremendously.