See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Plotting dwg to pdf multiple dwg's simultaneously w/ PUBLISH command

Login to Give a bone

Default Plotting dwg to pdf multiple dwg's simultaneously w/ PUBLISH command

Hi all

I often need to make a pdf set of multiple dwg files and use the publish command. Its time consuming to change the page setup on so many layout tabs in different dwg files to setup for either making pdf's or plotting to printer. I'm wondering how to use publish command and window to easily switch page setups of all the layout tabs simultaneously.

I found this on another website

"PUBLISH COMMAND QUICK TIP:
    Create the page setupsyou will need in one template drawing. Start the PUBLISH command. After selecting all the drawings to publish, highlight them all then pick on the Page setup for the first one in the list. Select import and select your template then pick the setup you need. This setup will be applied to every drawing highlighted."

I tried this unsuccessfully.

I highlighted all the drawings, went to the first drawing and selected "import", selected the drawing i made as a template that had the page setup i wanted for all highlighted drawings. The page setup list for the first drawing does not populate with the page setups in the template drawing.

Am i missing something?

Thanks for any help

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting dwg to pdf multiple dwg's simultaneously w/ PUBLISH command

Quote Originally Posted by fmplatt530 View Post
    Hi all

I often need to make a pdf set of multiple dwg files and use the publish command. Its time consuming to change the page setup on so many layout tabs in different dwg files to setup for either making pdf's or plotting to printer. I'm wondering how to use publish command and window to easily switch page setups of all the layout tabs simultaneously.

I found this on another website

"PUBLISH COMMAND QUICK TIP:
    Create the page setupsyou will need in one template drawing. Start the PUBLISH command. After selecting all the drawings to publish, highlight them all then pick on the Page setup for the first one in the list. Select import and select your template then pick the setup you need. This setup will be applied to every drawing highlighted."

I tried this unsuccessfully.

I highlighted all the drawings, went to the first drawing and selected "import", selected the drawing i made as a template that had the page setup i wanted for all highlighted drawings. The page setup list for the first drawing does not populate with the page setups in the template drawing.

Am i missing something?

Thanks for any help
    Wow. I believe there is a simple reason why I couldn't make it work.

I did not save the page setup in the file I imported from as a unique page setup. The list of plot setups in the first drawing on the list didn't populate with any page setups from the file I chose to import from because I did not save the desired page setup in the import file as a unique name.

Hope this helps somebody in the future!