Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout's in PDF Print All Black

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wipeout's in PDF Print All Black

Quote Originally Posted by margaretl View Post
    We had this probelm when using Adobe Distiller. If you have the full version of Adobe, install the PDF Writer off the disc. You will have to go into custom install and select it from the list. I do not know why it isn't a default option. We are using Adobe 5.0.
    would that be "Adobe PDF" in the printers list? if so, didn't work either. Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0 for me, btw.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

No, it actually comes up "Acrobat PDFWriter" in the printer list. I am using it with Land Desktop 2004.

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N View Post
    alright. Dredging up an old topic cuz it's rearing it's ugly head in my face and making me want to punch the innocent monitor.....

I print to DWF just fine, it's when i print from DWF to PDF in either an Adobe PDF driver, or the CutePDF driver, it rotates the dang sheet within the paper (22x34, which is normally foreign to me), even tho the "preview" was correct! oh, and i'm using the latest Design Review release AFAIK...
    Same for me, except that occurs in AutoCAD too. I've never been able to set up a PDF distiller which lays out the sheets right. I just know to rotate them in Acrobat Pro 90* CCW before I send them out.

Login to Give a bone

No, it actually comes up "Acrobat PDFWriter" in the printer list. I am using it with Land Desktop 2004.
    thanks. i'll talk to my IT and see if i can get that loaded onto my computer and see if that helps any. i'll report back results....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    Same for me, except that occurs in AutoCAD too. I've never been able to set up a PDF distiller which lays out the sheets right. I just know to rotate them in Acrobat Pro 90* CCW before I send them out.
    seriously, i've tried everything, not one combination of paper layouts or rotations or fit or match.... you get the picture... i couldn't get ANYTHING to work! :loopy:
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

what version of Adobe? i go onto their website, and the last update for Acrobat PDF Writer is from 1996.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

what version of Adobe? i go onto their website, and the last update for Acrobat PDF Writer is from 1996.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Do a custom install and select the PDFWriter.

I have not upgraded because others I have spoken with said there were large format paper size issues. Anyway, this works well.

This will take care of your rotation issue, too. Make sure your landscape/portrait settings in ACAD plot correspond with your landscape/portrait settings in Adobe. Also, hit the view PDF box when you set the PDF file name and you will always see the PDF you just created. This will save headaches later.

Login to Give a bone

I am using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Do a custom install and select the PDFWriter.

I have not upgraded because others I have spoken with said there were large format paper size issues. Anyway, this works well.

This will take care of your rotation issue, too. Make sure your landscape/portrait settings in ACAD plot correspond with your landscape/portrait settings in Adobe. Also, hit the view PDF box when you set the PDF file name and you will always see the PDF you just created. This will save headaches later.
    i only have 6.0

was also just told to check out PDF995 website, they have a free program that supports large format. only bad thing is, it's free because it's "advertising" supported, and you have to buy a key to turn them off.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

i only have 6.0

was also just told to check out PDF995 website, they have a free program that supports large format. only bad thing is, it's free because it's "advertising" supported, and you have to buy a key to turn them off.

Have you tried looking into the custom install of 6.0 to see if there is a PDFWriter?

Login to Give a bone

I don't think PDF995 resolves the black wipeout issue. However your printer is named may vary (PDFWriter, AdobePDF, whatever), where the difference is whether you plot directly to PDF or go through Distiller. To go through Distiller, you have t plot to Postscript, then run that through Distiller. Going this route vs. plotting to PDF directly seems to work for whatever reason. For the one checking on updates, if you are running Version 5, that is probably just the latest update for that version, Adobe is up to Version 8 now. I'm pretty sure this issue still exists, but haven't tested.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast