See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Courseware

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Courseware

Has anyone found any Revit Systems courseware for training, etc? I have a client wanting training for his staff, yet outside of whats provide with the Revit Systems CD I can't find much else of use for a good sitdown, instructional environment.

I know the software is new, but I'm a bit surprised I'm finding so little documentation on it yet.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Courseware

Brian,

your reseller should have access to courseware and training material through Autodesk. It is slightly better than the tutorials provided with Systems but, as you noted, the software is still pretty new so little else is out there.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Courseware

Quote Originally Posted by HCSL
    Brian,

your reseller should have access to courseware and training material through Autodesk. It is slightly better than the tutorials provided with Systems but, as you noted, the software is still pretty new so little else is out there.
    he is a reseller.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    he is a reseller.
    LOL Yes I am.

I found that this just became available for resellers to have access to on the 21st, so its only been out for about a week. Yet, we typically don't use Autodesk's training materials in our classroom since many times outside companies actually offer more detailed tutorials, etc. Just right now it doesn't appear anyone else has systems training books yet so we decided to go ahead and order to the standard Autodesk ones and see how they are.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Courseware

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    LOL Yes I am.

I found that this just became available for resellers to have access to on the 21st, so its only been out for about a week. Yet, we typically don't use Autodesk's training materials in our classroom since many times outside companies actually offer more detailed tutorials, etc. Just right now it doesn't appear anyone else has systems training books yet so we decided to go ahead and order to the standard Autodesk ones and see how they are.

Thanks!
    i'll be happy to take a look at them and tell you how user friendly they are.

For the record, a topic along these lines also came up in the autodesk discussion groups... same conclusion... noone knows enough yet to make the training materials.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor

Login to Give a bone

i'll be happy to take a look at them and tell you how user friendly they are.
    Well, I have about a month to learn it so I can do some implementation training on the software. I'm just thankful I have about 90% of Revit figured out as that should make the learning curve much easier.

Maybe in September I can let you borrow my copy! ...or.... you since I am your reseller, I could perhaps order the book(s) for you if your willing to pay for 'em (even we have to buy them)...

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Courseware

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    Well, I have about a month to learn it so I can do some implementation training on the software. I'm just thankful I have about 90% of Revit figured out as that should make the learning curve much easier.

Maybe in September I can let you borrow my copy! ...or.... you since I am your reseller, I could perhaps order the book(s) for you if your willing to pay for 'em (even we have to buy them)...
    Good luck, you can do it! (I am still pretty revit-ignorant, haven't had time to study up on it much)

Oh, I know youse guys have to purchase them, too... but, I'm still trying to finagle $ for hardware upgrades, I won't press my luck with the budget. I'll just be patient and learn as I can.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

he is a reseller.
    I knew that.... really.

My post should have read

Brian,

your reseller should have access ...
    Sorry Brian. I'll file that away for future reference

Login to Give a bone

Sorry Brian. I'll file that away for future reference
    LOL Well, I didn't used to be a reseller, it just happened in the past 4 months. I'm usually not vocal about being a reseller and don't mention that my company is one in my signature.

My job is to teach/support/implement the Autodesk architectural product line. I can teach AutoCAD and ADT currently, I've been learning Revit (off and on) over the past 2 months.