Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

Works great as usual, thanks Guy.

Login to Give a bone

so does this only work on building elevations? Whenever I select an interior elevation it says "no elevation selected"...

Login to Give a bone

So, I guess everyone has probably figured this out already, but this works fine in 2010 as well.

Login to Give a bone

k I think I'm missing something. I attached a screenshot of what I've selected then I run the Rename Elevation Tool and an error pops up: Selection Error - No Elevation Selected. Did I select the wrong elements?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

The script doesn't have the error when i change the view to a building elevation instead of an interior elevation, exactly what steve had posted a few posts back. Is it a possibility to have the script read interior elevations instead of building elevations?

Even when I do change the view to a building elevation and run the script nothing happens. Is there any setup I need to do to get this to work (i.e. shared parameters)? Thanks for the help
    Last edited by brian_derrick; 2009-08-18 at 07:58 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

So I am trying to do this for Revit 2016. I have tried using the previous ZIP files you posted and nothing pops up under the External Tools in the Ribbon. I suppose since its been many years, that is why. Any chance to update this for 2016. Is there a way to do this so it shows Room Number then sequential view if there are multiple (1,2,3,4, etc).

I also have found a website relating to doing them all at once but have no idea how to compile the files.

any help or direction would be appreciated.

Casey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234