Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

Exactly, you will make our interiors girls very happy indeed

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

David,

See if this does it for you. Note new namespace so you can retain the other version if you wish. This needs lots of refactoring but works OK....

Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Works great Guy, I appreciate your work on this.
    I really need to learn some programming, are you still using python?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Is there a way to have the tag read N, E, S, W in plan view? The full view name in plan is just to much information and clutter that only muddys up the drawing.

I would like the plan to read A101 in the circle, and N, E, S, W for the arrows. At the same time have the sheet read out the entire view name (i.e. Office - 101 North; the current output)

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kramernicholasm View Post
    Is there a way to have the tag read N, E, S, W in plan view? The full view name in plan is just to much information and clutter that only muddys up the drawing.

I would like the plan to read A101 in the circle, and N, E, S, W for the arrows. At the same time have the sheet read out the entire view name (i.e. Office - 101 North; the current output)
    Is the standard functionality not enough? Go to the views properties. Under the Indentity group there are 2 properties, "View Name" and "Title On Sheet". If Title on sheet is blank the sheet the view is placed on will take the name from the View Name. But if title on sheet not blank then the view on the sheet uses this string.

Guy

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by GuyR View Post
    Is the standard functionality not enough? Go to the views properties. Under the Indentity group there are 2 properties, "View Name" and "Title On Sheet". If Title on sheet is blank the sheet the view is placed on will take the name from the View Name. But if title on sheet not blank then the view on the sheet uses this string.

Guy
    I tried that but it doesnt seem to be working. Perhaps I am just doing it the wrong way. However, if I understand correctly then the sheet file that has the callout in it (Floor Plan) would still show the full elevation name and this just allows you to change the name of the view on the interior elevation sheet. I actually would like to do the opposite of that.

Alternatly could I modify the tag so that the "elevation 1" portion would read inside of the bubble and the arrows would read "1 - a"?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kramernicholasm View Post
    I tried that but it doesnt seem to be working. Perhaps I am just doing it the wrong way. However, if I understand correctly then the sheet file that has the callout in it (Floor Plan) would still show the full elevation name and this just allows you to change the name of the view on the interior elevation sheet. I actually would like to do the opposite of that.

Alternatly could I modify the tag so that the "elevation 1" portion would read inside of the bubble and the arrows would read "1 - a"?
    Your problem is you can't add new parameters to elevation, view, callout tags. So you can only use existing parameters in different ways.

HTH,

Guy

Login to Give a bone

Does this only work for building elevation tags? I tried to use it on interior elevations and it keeps coming up with no elevation tag selected.

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone been able to get this to work in 09? (or even 0

Login to Give a bone

Works fine in 08....any chance of updating for 09 Guy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast