Thread: add/remove programs only shows programs listed with "A" after ACAD 2002 installation

Login to Give a bone

Default add/remove programs only shows programs listed with "A" after ACAD 2002 installation

I have Window XP Professional on a Dell computer and have problems installing ACAD 2002 along with Land Development Desktop. Prior to ACAD installation, I am able to view a complete list of programs in the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. After ACAD is installed, I am only able to view all programs starting with "A" and nothing else. If the list is sorted in aphabetical order, only programs starting with "a" will be listed but if sorted by other such as size, I will get a different program listing that is not shown under "sorted by alphabetically order". Microsoft and Dell tech support are not able to help me out. I have reformatted the hard drive several times and have installed other programs successfully with all of the programs showing on the Add/Remove listings until I install Autocad and the problems starts here!
    Can anyone help me here? and thanks for your time!
    Marc

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: add/remove programs only shows programs listed with "A" after ACAD 2002 installation

You could try this solution in this post "RE: Installing 2000i effects add/remove programs". (I have done this and it does work.)

Or you may try this download in this post "RE: AutoCAD 2002" (I have not tried the download.)
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: add/remove programs only shows programs listed with "A" after ACAD 2002 installation

Hello Marc, I'm going to move this from the AutoCAD Gallery forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc.griffies
    I have Window XP Professional on a Dell computer and have problems installing ACAD 2002 along with Land Development Desktop. Prior to ACAD installation, I am able to view a complete list of programs in the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. After ACAD is installed, I am only able to view all programs starting with "A" and nothing else. If the list is sorted in aphabetical order, only programs starting with "a" will be listed but if sorted by other such as size, I will get a different program listing that is not shown under "sorted by alphabetically order". Microsoft and Dell tech support are not able to help me out. I have reformatted the hard drive several times and have installed other programs successfully with all of the programs showing on the Add/Remove listings until I install Autocad and the problems starts here!
    Can anyone help me here? and thanks for your time!
    Marc
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: add/remove programs only shows programs listed with "A" after ACAD 2002 installation

Quote Originally Posted by marc.griffies
    I have reformatted the hard drive several times and have installed other programs successfully with all of the programs showing on the Add/Remove listings until I install Autocad and the problems starts here!
    Marc
    OUCH! Reformatted?

It's a simple fix, documented here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12120

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar...26/422076.aspx

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...s-listing.html
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |