See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in a drawing

Login to Give a bone

Default Cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in a drawing

My office has asked me to find a cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in the drawing. Sort of a detail library catalog, but they also want to be able to use this same software to search image libraries! We are looking at a package from Extensis that catalogs images, but does nothing with AutoCAD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in a drawing

Hi

For starters...

Searching Drawing Keywords

Recommend a good drawing Searching tool

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in a drawing

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanschade
    My office has asked me to find a cataloging software that would allow someone to search for text in the drawing. Sort of a detail library catalog, but they also want to be able to use this same software to search image libraries! We are looking at a package from Extensis that catalogs images, but does nothing with AutoCAD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    What is your budget?

You might take a look at:
    http://www.synergis-adept.com/
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

I have not been given a budget, but I just took a look at Adept, this seems to be a work-flow management software. We are looking for a program that shows a thumbnail of the file, and then allows you to copy or insert the file into what you are working on. They want something that works for both AutoCAD and all graphics images (.ai, .indd, .eps, .jpg, .tif, .bmp, .psd, .pdf, .gif)
    Does this make sense? I have never encountered such a program, so I don't know where to start.
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

I have not been given a budget, but I just took a look at Adept, this seems to be a work-flow management software. We are looking for a program that shows a thumbnail of the file, and then allows you to copy or insert the file into what you are working on. They want something that works for both AutoCAD and all graphics images (.ai, .indd, .eps, .jpg, .tif, .bmp, .psd, .pdf, .gif)
    Does this make sense? I have never encountered such a program, so I don't know where to start.
    Thanks
    Adept is probably way overkill for what you want, but it's more than a "work-flow" management. It's an AEC document management system, and with that comes DWG cataloging, etc.

See also: http://www.synergis-adept.com/em/lnd...ntdate=July_20

If all you want it a thumbnail of DWG files and images, what is wrong with Windows Explorer? You can drag/drop into any windows app from there also.

Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately if you do not have the program on your system, then you do not get a thumbnail. Also the thumbnails are a little smaller than what they really want. I also have to consider the graphics department and marketing. They want something for everybody.
    I will try the link, thanks

Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately if you do not have the program on your system, then you do not get a thumbnail. Also the thumbnails are a little smaller than what they really want. I also have to consider the graphics department and marketing. They want something for everybody.
    I will try the link, thanks
    I wonder if having the free DWG TrueView installed gives you this ability?

See also: http://www.cadwerx.net/Products/CadX...CadXplorer.asp

Login to Give a bone

What I think you are looking for is WatsonLISP. You can find it at http://geocities.com/watsonlisp/

A license runs $50.00 and in my opinion it is very expense, $25.00 a pop would be a value. The software can be difficult to get running, but the developer will help.

Try the demo, let me know what you think.

Pat

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Watsonlisp has a new domain name
    http://www.watsonlisp.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast