Thread: e-Transmit Drawings Not Accessible

I could stop if I wanted to de-co1's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default e-Transmit Drawings Not Accessible

I don't know now if this has anything to do with my post on AUDIT ENTITIES, but several people - both in our company, and outside consultants - cannot open the drawings I have created using the LT 2007 e-Transmit feature.

I have set the following

- Transmittal package type = Zip

- Keep existing drawing file formats (In my LT Options, my file format is set to save to 2000 version)

- Prompt for filename

- Place all files in one folder

- Set default plotter to none

- Bind external references.

No other options are ticked.

We had a problem before where if we set the Drawing file format specifically to 2000, then it would not Bind the Xrefs....!

I have read about a copy and paste error when saving to LT 2000 format when in LT 2007, however, this issue hasn't been around before, and others are able to work on the drawings I work on without any problems... so I have dismissed this as being the fault, and as mentioned above, wonder if it may have anything to do with my most recent POST

Edit - Added Following

I have changed the transmittal settings in my version of LT to save to the 2000 format, and even though in my options I have set LT to save to 2000, I can only assume that for some reason LT is zipping to a 2007 format, and not keeping the existing format.

We cannot set this on the LT 2006 for the reason mentioned before.
    Last edited by de-co1; 2006-08-31 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Added Info:

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: e-Transmit Drawings Not Accessible

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by de-co1
    <SNIP>

We had a problem before where if we set the Drawing file format specifically to 2000, then it would not Bind the Xrefs....!
    Sounds like the following issue / problem...

ID: TS1058012 - External references not bound when using Etransmit

Quote Originally Posted by de-co1
    I have read about a copy and paste error when saving to LT 2000 format when in LT 2007, however, this issue hasn't been around before, and others are able to work on the drawings I work on without any problems... so I have dismissed this as being the fault, and as mentioned above, wonder if it may have anything to do with my most recent POST

Edit - Added Following

I have changed the transmittal settings in my version of LT to save to the 2000 format, and even though in my options I have set LT to save to 2000, I can only assume that for some reason LT is zipping to a 2007 format, and not keeping the existing format.

We cannot set this on the LT 2006 for the reason mentioned before.
    Are your versions of AutoCAD LT - 2006 & 2007 fully up to date with regards Updates & Service Packs ?

Have you experimented with saving in 2004 & 2007 DWG Format ? I realise this might not be practical solution, but it will help determine if it is in fact a 2000 DWG Format issue / problem.

Have a good one, Mike