Thread: Service Pack 2 is now available

Login to Give a bone

Default Service Pack 2 is now available

Civil 3D 2007 service pack 2 is now available. Be sure to look at the readme file.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=3549304

Some excerpts from the readme:

Standard template files (*.dwt) have have been recreated due to issues found with Pipe Network Parts Lists. Some Network parts lists may be corrupt if you use .dwt files from the Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 release. The new template files will be posted at http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com/. (I could not find these Sep 2. I assume they will be posted soon.)

Version 1 of the Google Earth Extension is only compatible with Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 and Service Pack 1 or 1A and will be disabled after you install Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 Service Pack 2. In order to use the Google Earth Extension, after installing Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 Service Pack 2, you must download and install Release 2 of Google Earth Extension.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Service Pack 2 is now available

Got a notice today after someone crashed my Civil 3d that a service pack was available...so I downloaded and installed it...now I get an unhandled exception error and get booted when I try to even open the program - this cant be real!!! HELP!!

Login to Give a bone

Do you have Google Earth installed?

I heard on the webcast today that you need to uninstall Google Earth before installing SP2. Apparently there is an update to Google Earth you can install after SP2 but I'm not sure where to download it from.

So far I have updated one computer to SP2 from SP1a . I started Civil 3D and tried a few commands and it did not crash. I have not done any extensive work in it though.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi all,

We noticed here that after we installed SP2 of Civil 3D 2007, the SURVEY pull down menu disappeared. We tried everything (including unloading and reloading Civil.cui as well as reloading the profiles) but nothing worked. In the end we uninstalled Civil 3D and then reinstalled it without SP2 and the Survey pull down menu re-appeared.

Any ideas how we can resolve this issue as well as an answer to why this is happening?

Thanks,

PS I forgot to mention that we haven't previously installed any other SP. We just installed Civil 3D in the company and the first service pack we installed was 2.
    Last edited by Inferno6919; 2006-09-19 at 02:42 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jamsberry
    Got a notice today after someone crashed my Civil 3d that a service pack was available...so I downloaded and installed it...now I get an unhandled exception error and get booted when I try to even open the program - this cant be real!!! HELP!!
    I had exactly the same problem. I eventually uninstall Civil3D and did a complete reinstall. Even the uninstall was buggy.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Schellingerk
    I had exactly the same problem. I eventually uninstall Civil3D and did a complete reinstall. Even the uninstall was buggy.
    Did you read the README file before installing the SP?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |