See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: What is Facility Link?

Login to Give a bone

Default What is Facility Link?

From the FMDesktop website...
    Facility Link™ connects objects in your AutoCAD facility drawings to records in the Facility Manager™ database, providing a graphical interface to your facility data.
    The features are listed as:

What are your experiences with this Facility Manager extension?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What is Facility Link?

Hi!

I'm josrios at the Autodesk Forum. Remember me? Well! I do not use FMDesktop. But I do use a CAD Integration tool with FM software. Basicly what this does is to communicate your Autocad or Revit or ADT objects to a DB. That communication gives you a lot of flexibility because when you make changes to your plans, ussing a propper proccess, then you will have ur space information up-dated in FMDesktop. In my case, I can also request for DB Queries to make graphical reports in AutoCAD. For me works for occupancy, and space usage and BOMA clasifications.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: What is Facility Link?

Quote Originally Posted by musico20002000
    Hi!

I'm josrios at the Autodesk Forum. Remember me? Well! I do not use FMDesktop. But I do use a CAD Integration tool with FM software. Basicly what this does is to communicate your Autocad or Revit or ADT objects to a DB. That communication gives you a lot of flexibility because when you make changes to your plans, ussing a propper proccess, then you will have your space information up-dated in FMDesktop. In my case, I can also request for DB Queries to make graphical reports in AutoCAD. For me works for occupancy, and space usage and BOMA clasifications.
    GREAT TO SEE YOU IN HERE!

I have been on 'holiday' from AUGI because of some side-work that was taking up my evenings, so it had been awhile since I'd been in here.

Thank you for the explanation of how this type of tool works in many CAFM tools!

I have, since this post was made; attended Autodesk University and had some FMD classses, spoken with a local reseller and pumped her for answers, and installed FM Desktop to carry out some testing (I've proposed a Pilot Program in my Facility for my Annual Work Goal, still trying to get them talked into it ~fingers crossed~).

I haven't gotten as far as actually testing how FM Link operates, I hope to do that within the coming week (busy mocking up random space plans first, and just finished them).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost