See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different scales for lines in different viewports

Login to Give a bone

Red face Different scales for lines in different viewports

I have a dwg that has multiple viewports. In some viewports the linetype needs to be at a 20 scale, in others I need the lines to be a 30 scale. I think this is possible because I seem to remember even doing it, but I can't figure it out now. Can anyone help me?

Suzy Laidlaw
    Last edited by slaidlaw; 2004-06-16 at 08:50 PM. Reason: my confusing wording

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Different scales for lines in different viewports

I would simply select the lines that you want to be at a LTSCALE of 20 and set that scale in the properties box (CTRL-1), then do the same for the lines that you want the LTSCALE to be 30 on. Aside from that, you could create a linetype based on the different LTSCALEs (HIDDEN20 and HIDDEN30 for example. Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Different scales for lines in different viewports

Have you played around with the PSLTSCALE variable?

From Autocad help.
    Type: Integer
    Saved in: Drawing
    Initial value: 1

Controls paper space linetype scaling.

0 No special linetype scaling. Linetype dash lengths are based on the drawing units of the space (model or paper) in which the objects were created. Scaled by the global LTSCALE factor.

1 Viewport scaling governs linetype scaling. If TILEMODE is set to 0, dash lengths are based on paper space drawing units, even for objects in model space. In this mode, viewports can have varying magnifications, yet display linetypes identically. For a specific linetype, the dash lengths of a line in a viewport are the same as the dash lengths of a line in paper space. You can still control the dash lengths with LTSCALE.

When you change PSLTSCALE or use a command such as ZOOM with PSLTSCALE set to 1, objects in viewports are not automatically regenerated with the new linetype scale. Use the REGEN or REGENALL commands to update the linetype scales in each viewport.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Different scales for lines in different viewports

Thanks very much - I guess I will need to play around with this to see if I both understand it and can make it work.

Suzy

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhohman
    I would simply select the lines that you want to be at a LTSCALE of 20 and set that scale in the properties box (CTRL-1), then do the same for the lines that you want the LTSCALE to be 30 on. Aside from that, you could create a linetype based on the different LTSCALEs (HIDDEN20 and HIDDEN30 for example. Hope this helps.
    I had thought about that but was hoping that I could get around duplicating lines. Thanks for the ideas.

Suzy

Login to Give a bone

definetly use psltscale set to 1. Set your global ltscale so the line looks correct in the viewports (not model space). Celtscale should be 1 (unless you need to override for a specific line). Autocad will adjuct the displayed line in each viewport so that all lines of a linetype look the same in your layout. You will have to adjust to the lines having a very small scale in model space. It looks odd at first but you get used to it.

Chuck

Login to Give a bone

I just played with this last week, and it works great!

To build on what Chuck said a little bit:

When I did this, everytime I changed the scale of a viewport I had to REGENALL in order to get all the viewports looking the same (this appeared to be a screen issue, as all the linetypes would print fine for me whether I regenerated or not)

Chuck, does yours automatically regenerate when you change viewport scaling?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chadwickt
    (this appeared to be a screen issue, as all the linetypes would print fine for me whether I regenerated or not)
    Hi

A RegenAll is automatically performed when a plot is successful ie The "OK" button is pressed.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike...so it will automatically REGENALL when you actually click OK to print, but if you want to see it before then you must do a REGENALL...is this correct?

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Yes, that's about the sum of it.

Have a good one, Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast