See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different scales for lines in different viewports

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Different scales for lines in different viewports

I had trouble with this for a while. My trouble basically turned out to be different people using different defintions for linetypes. Some people were using ISO and others English linetypes. But you couldn't tell the difference because they both had the same name, shame on AutoCAD. We do both English and Metric drawings in my office so I renamed the linetype to have an e- or m- in front. On top of that I made sure everyone was using psltscale =1 setting for the drawings. After that it didn't matter what file it is referenced from, all lines had the same scale.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Take a look at the system variables MEASUREMENT & MEASUREINIT, these will greatly help with Imperial (English) and Metric drawings.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I've looked into this. If that isn't the most goofed up variable. So since my drawing units are in English but my Measurement variable is in metric then I get metric hatches. Who thought of this? As often as we switch back and forth between English and Metric drawings, this could be a big problem. Anyway thanks for pointing this out but doesn't necessarily solve the hatch problem. But does defeat the reason I had for creating custom hatches.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jason.wulff
    Anyway thanks for pointing this out but doesn't necessarily solve the hatch problem.
    Hi

I think it does as my thinking/logic is that MEASUREMENT for *new* drawings is set to 0 (due to the fact that AutoCAD is offering/picking Acad.pat) ie Your Custom Hatch patterns are available.

&

For *existing/old* drawings that are causing problems, MEASUREMENT is set to 1(AutoCAD is not offering/picking Acad.pat) ie AutoCAD is reading the AcadIso.pat file therefore the Custom Hatch patterns that you added are unavailable.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Measurement is English or Metric setting also, but is saved with the drawing. The measureint apparently sets the the measurement variable upon starting a new drawing. Changing the measurement variable didn't affect which patterns were available but did change the scale affect of the scale factor.

If I change the Measureinit setting to 0 then exit, an reopen ACAD then the measurement variable is set to 0 on the new drawing. And vice versa. But same hatch patterns appear for both.

Login to Give a bone

See customized hatches for the solution to this problem.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    ie AutoCAD is reading the AcadIso.pat file therefore the Custom Hatch patterns that you added are unavailable.
    duh, slaps myself in the head, didn't finish reading your post. Your right.

AUGI President Kimberly Fuhrman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

We are having a similar problem...but it doesn't seem as if the original responses will work. We are using multiple viewports in paper space with different drawing scales. Changing lines to different LTSCALES individually is not an option because the same lines are shown in each viewport. We typically set the global LTSCALE to half the drawing scale (working in a Civil Drafting environment with LDDT), and PSLTSCALE to 1. I will try setting the LTSCALE to 1 and the PSLTSCALE to 1 and see if that works. In the meantime, any other suggestions would be appreciated! (Yes, Mike I have checked the other threads, to no avail.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12