Thread: eTransmitting from ADT 2006 to autocad 2000

Login to Give a bone

Question eTransmitting from ADT 2006 to autocad 2000

I've been trying to etransmit a series of drawing files that incorporate both parametric objects (walls, doors and stairs mostly) and regular linework to someone who's running AutoCAD 2000. I use etransmit and set it to convert to AutoCAD 2000 with exploded AEC objects. He claims that he cannot see things like the exterior walls when he opens the files, despite turning on all the layers. When I open the zipped file at my end, I find the exploded AEC objects conveniently on a new layer as a single block.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I suspect the problem is on his end, but I don't have a copy of 2000 to check the file with before I send it.

Thanks!

Anne

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: eTransmitting from ADT 2006 to autocad 2000

You may want to try the export to Acad function. That may get better results. The other option would be to try the "flatten" command on a copy of your file before sending it. I don't believe that Acad 2000 was a supported platform when they released 2006, so the results of going back that far may not be desirable. Dose your consultant/client want 3d objects or 2d linework. You could covert everything to solids before you send it. I believe they will come in as native Acad Objects. Just a thought.

PS Congrats on your 1st post

Login to Give a bone

I could use some clarification: how do you "export to AutoCAD"? I tried the export command in the file menu, as well as the save-as, and then searched Help, but haven't figured this out.

The recipient doesn't need the 3D objects, just the lines. However, I have xrefs that need to be included and I will need to send about 15 files on a fairly regular basis. I was really hoping to avoid having to execute multiple commands on each file before being zipping and emailing. Am I out of luck on that?

Thanks!
    Anne

Login to Give a bone

I should say that I don't have 2006 so I can't reproduce your errors. If you were to us the "export to acad" function (Under the file pulldown) It should send out your "view" file as 1 piece. So it kind of takes what you have and binds it before creating a new file. (or at least that's my impression of it)
    As for multiple commands, try creating a button or a script. As long as what you need o accomplish can be done from the command line, you can write macro or a script. If you use a script you can batch all 15 drawings while you refresh your coffee.
    Hope this helps

Login to Give a bone

If you don't want your ADT objects to be exported to blocks, you can turn on the option to 'Maintain resolved colour, layer, linetype' (under options - AEC Editor tab).

Login to Give a bone

Thanks guys! My confusion was related to the fact that I don't have "Export to Autocad" listed in my file menu. I found in listed in the toolbar dialogue box, however, and it seems to work fine.