Thread: Best software/method to use after scanning paper drawings for use as backgrounds?

Login to Give a bone

Default Best software/method to use after scanning paper drawings for use as backgrounds?

What is the best software and method to use after scanning existing paper drawings to use as backgrounds? I work for a HVAC contractor, we often get old building/ mech drawing we use for our base /xrefs. I use COREL to do some cleanup the image manager.
    What are other ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best software/method to use after scanning paper drawings for use as backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by wcricple
    What is the best software and method to use after scanning existing paper drawings to use as backgrounds? I work for a HVAC contractor, we often get old building/ mech drawing we use for our base /xrefs. I use COREL to do some cleanup the image manager.
    What are other ideas?
    Usually, I simply insert a jpg or tiff file into an ACAD drawing. I also scale the image to the proper size so I can draw the other elements of the drawing to the right dimensions. Sometimes I'll use Photoshop to clean up or modify the image.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best software/method to use after scanning paper drawings for use as backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by wcricple
    What is the best software and method to use after scanning existing paper drawings to use as backgrounds? What are other ideas?
    We use Autodesk Raster Design.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Hi "wcricple" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name )

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Hi

If you have not looked at Scan2CAD, it is worth a look ( in my humble opinion )...

Scan2CAD

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'm more used to handle photoshop (don't know coreldraw that well) for cleaning up graphic files.

If you wanna edit the scan into your cad system - you'll need a raster software add-on.

There are several products on the market, but we use WISEIMAGE - its pretty good, and low cost.