Thread: using filter command

Login to Give a bone

Default using filter command

I want information about how to use logical operators AND, OR etc in the autocad filter command. Currently facing problems in using them. I searched google but could not find the material which explains this in a bit detail. Please provide some guide.

For example Using filter I want to select entities which are not now a layer say layer 0. How to do this.

First I add BEGIN NOT. Then add layer to the selection criteria. But as I do that BEGIN NOT goes below the layer name. I think BEGIN NOT and END NOT should enclose the layer name.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: using filter command

Have you examined the examples in HELP?
    http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/EN...0acaf-4b32.htm

Yes, the logical operators need to enclose the other operands.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mdsalman2003 View Post
    I want information about how to use logical operators AND, OR etc in the autocad filter command. Currently facing problems in using them. I searched google but could not find the material which explains this in a bit detail. Please provide some guide.

For example Using filter I want to select entities which are not now a layer say layer 0. How to do this.

First I add BEGIN NOT. Then add layer to the selection criteria. But as I do that BEGIN NOT goes below the layer name. I think BEGIN NOT and END NOT should enclose the layer name.

Thanks.
    mdsalman2003-
    Why would you begin your search with Google? Wouldn't you use AutoCAD's help menu first? It will provide information on most of the basic and intermediate questions. Have you searched Autodesk's website for answers?

Oh and an English grammar note: when asking a question, use this punctuation mark (?) - otherwise you are issuing a command, or your purpose becomes unclear. Here, in the forums,it is always better to ask for help then to demand answers.

Good luck to you mdsalman2003!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

The only way to modify the filter list is to select the one you want to change and click the sustitute button. Unfortunately there's no Move Up / Down buttons.

Remember that if you click the Add to list button it places the new item in the selected position. Usually the selected position is the last (blank) item, but you can manually select the position by simply clicking inside the list box at the top.