Thread: Trouble w/ exporting to AutoCad 2006 / working w/ non-Revit consultants

Login to Give a bone

Default Trouble w/ exporting to AutoCad 2006 / working w/ non-Revit consultants

Hi

New to augi but not new to Revit - been using for a few months now, on and off, but recently more full time.

I am working w/ a couple of MEP engineers using Autodesk Building Systems and AutoCAD 2006 and I need to export my model into dwg - when I do this, I am noticing that the grids do not export - is there a way to accomplish this?

What other kinds of settings are helpful when exporting the model to engineering consultants?

Any tips / help would be appreciated
    Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trouble w/ exporting to AutoCad 2006 / working w/ non-Revit consultants

Notes from our MEP, which is straight Autocad

Plumbing gets fussy with plumbing fixtures built in to casework families if they are not nested families because they will come out on the casework layer rather than the plumbing layer.

Engineering is fussy about all the layers of the walls, so we export a coarse plan so that the material layers don't show up for them. The other way is to manipulate your export settings so they layer out differently (which we just did, but haven't used yet). I know our guys always want what's structural on the walls, so we'll export that plan only, too.

The other issues we've had have been ceilings, which sometimes come out as a single or only a few blocks for all the ceilings in the building. Never did figure out why. And poor families. For example, the electrical guy wants furnishings for outlet layout, but everyone else wants to turn that off and keep only the equipment. If things aren't of the correct family type, when they turn off furniture some of the casework and/or equipment goes away. It's easy to fix by opening the family and changing the family type, but it's still a nuisance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trouble w/ exporting to AutoCad 2006 / working w/ non-Revit consultants

I haven't ever had the grids not export but here's a few things to try...
    - go to CAD Exports. Click on Options button. Scroll down to Grids and see what layer they should be exporting to. If this layer doesn't show up in the acad file try changing it to a layer that does get properly exported to see if that works.

- Do the grids show up if you export to another version of AutoCAD? If they do, then just download and use Autodesk's True Convert program to convert the file to the correct version.
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...&siteID=123112