Thread: Revision Clouds

Login to Give a bone

Default Revision Clouds

OK, here is a situation that may not be all that likely, but can happen. I started setting everything up for an addendum to the "Bid Set" (Revision schedule, clouds tags, ect.) we'll after realizing that there wasn't going to be enough time to get the drawing to all of the subs before the bid date we decided to take care of the major things in written form that where really going to affect the bid. (the drawing was minor things) Anyway being that I have only worked on Revit a few months I didn't think threw the process first...... I had already made Revision 1 as the "Addendum 1" and Revision 2 as "Construction Set" (the changes that are/were taking place between the "Bid Set" and "Construction Set"). Not thinking threw the process I combined the Revisions of the "Addendum 1" with the "Construction Set" because I wasn't going to issue them is this addendum 1 but rather in the construction set later on. So when I did that I realized that my construction set that was #2 now goes to #1 well I still want to keep track of the addendum's is this project so I undo and do it the other way around and then add another so they are in the right order. Now where ever I had the drawings clouded with the addendum 1 stuff (which should now be #2 construction set) it is still showing Addendum #1 on the schedule along with the Construction Set. Question is how do I get rid of that Addendum #1 on the title blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revision Clouds

I will bump this for you...I don't have a lot of experience with revisions in revit, so I couldn't answer without looking into it myself...but maybe somebody will notice and give you help? I hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by jmessner
    OK, here is a situation that may not be all that likely, but can happen. I started setting everything up for an addendum to the "Bid Set" (Revision schedule, clouds tags, ect.) we'll after realizing that there wasn't going to be enough time to get the drawing to all of the subs before the bid date we decided to take care of the major things in written form that where really going to affect the bid. (the drawing was minor things) Anyway being that I have only worked on Revit a few months I didn't think threw the process first...... I had already made Revision 1 as the "Addendum 1" and Revision 2 as "Construction Set" (the changes that are/were taking place between the "Bid Set" and "Construction Set"). Not thinking threw the process I combined the Revisions of the "Addendum 1" with the "Construction Set" because I wasn't going to issue them is this addendum 1 but rather in the construction set later on. So when I did that I realized that my construction set that was #2 now goes to #1 well I still want to keep track of the addendum's is this project so I undo and do it the other way around and then add another so they are in the right order. Now where ever I had the drawings clouded with the addendum 1 stuff (which should now be #2 construction set) it is still showing Addendum #1 on the schedule along with the Construction Set. Question is how do I get rid of that Addendum #1 on the title blocks?

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, jmessner.

You originally had Delta 1 as Addendum 1; Delta 2 as Construction Set.

And you want what now:

1) Both revisions to be combined and appear as Delta 2? In the Revisions Dialog, you highlight the first row and "combine with next." The result will be one revision and all the clouds will be Delta 2, however this does not appear to stick. Revit likes the sequence to always start at 1. But there will no longer be an Addendum 1; they will both be Construction Set. Since you have placed things on Revision 1, you will always have Delta 1s.

2) Construction Set to remain and Addendum 1 clouds to be invisible? Simply click the "Visible" check box in the revision dialog on the Addendum 1 row. However, Addendum 1 will still appear in the schedule on every sheet that contains a Addendum 1 cloud, visible or not.

3) A third revision that is a combination of the other two and appears as Delta 3? I have no idea because that's a little funky.

4) Skip Delta 1, move Addendum 1 to be Delta 2 and Construction Set to be Delta 3? Again, you can't skip Delta 1 because you didn't set up the first revision in the sequence to be blank, and Revit will always default to fill that slot.

"Addendum 1" will appear in the schedule of every sheet where an Addendum 1 revision has been placed, regardless of whether or not revision 1 is visible. So even though you may have only Delta 2s visible, the Delta 1s on that view will still be recognized in the revision schedule.

I don't know if that was helpful or not. If not, please try to clarify your issue and maybe someone can come up with something. Or maybe it just isn't possible based on how you've set it up. Good luck regardless.

-Emily

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Emily.Santilli
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, jmessner.

Since you have placed things on Revision 1, you will always have Delta 1s.

-Emily

That is what is weird about the whole thing there isn't a Revision 1 on the sheet any longer just the Revision 2 but it is still show both on the schedule.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

The only thing I can think of is that there is something clouded on that sheet under revision #1 that is hidden, turned off, invisible, etc. because even if the cloud isn't visible, it still recognizes it within the schedule on that sheet for that view.

If you have no Delta 1s on that sheet at all, visible or no, then I'm really not sure, because it shouldn't be there.

You may want to try duplicating the view and replacing the Delta 2s you need here. (When you duplicate the view, it will have no revisions on it at all because revisions are view specific.) Then remake the sheet you need with this new view. That's really all I can think of, along with hoping for the best.

-Emily

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Revision Clouds

Oh boy, I found my mistake. I had the revision visibility turned off. Its been a long week! Thanks for replying, I was about to just move on. Some times you can just make your user caused problems so confusing...........

Login to Give a bone

I know the feeling. Completely. Enjoy your weekend.

-Emily