Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil 3D 2007 - Wipeout does not wipeout Objects in a floating viewport

Login to Give a bone

Angry Civil 3D 2007 - Wipeout does not wipeout Objects in a floating viewport

I have a wipeout that I need to place over a viewport.. when it is placed over something in paperspace it works fine.. but when I move it to the viewport it does not wipeout anything at all.. I even tried to draw it over the viewport area and do a draworder.. but the things in the viewport still appear..

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2007 - Wipeout does not wipeout Objects in a floating viewport

Hi "wolvezbane" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name )

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 3D forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2007 - Wipeout does not wipeout Objects in a floating viewport

**BUMP**
    Still having this problem.. text in paper space... build Wipeout to hide behind text... everything appears in model space... draw order does not fix it... texttofront does not fix it... Wipeout in paperspace... model space shows through it!! all settings put at the proper numbers.

Civil Engineering Moderator civil3Dguide's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Can you use textmask out of the express tools? Does it have the same problem? Have you opened the dwg in any other version of Autocad to see if it works then?

Login to Give a bone

Negative.. text mask does not work...
    Also tried to do it on 3 other machines using normal Autocad 2007
    the results are exactly the same....

Civil Engineering Moderator civil3Dguide's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I can't seem to reproduce the problem and I can't think of what the problem may be. I know a couple of work arounds, but I assume you want a fix not a work around.

Login to Give a bone

It only seems to be a recurring problem for one certain job.
    all of that jobs drawings seem to have this problem. No matter what machine or version of autocad is being used.

Login to Give a bone

Check your page setup. In the plot option section there's a check box to plot the paperspace objects last, which puts them on top of the viewport/model space items. If the box is already checked, uncheck it, exit the page setup, then go back and check it again.

Login to Give a bone

That is currently not the problem.
    I am attaching one of the files from that job.
    Please go ahead and create a wipeout.. in paperspace.. over a view port and you will see what is happening.. if it does it for you.
    Also if you do the wipeout in the viewport in "model space" the exact opposite happens... everything in Paperspace disapears... even though the wipeout is in model space
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert.Young; 2007-03-14 at 09:09 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I'm using 06 so I had to convert your file. I also blew up using a wipeout. However, I was able to get the same result you've described using MText with a background mask. Then I checked the page setup. The check box for plotting paperspace last was not checked. I checked it and the problem went away. Try this on your system.

The attached pic shows it working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast