Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Key Schedules and Shared Parameters

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Key Schedules and Shared Parameters

Hello all. It seems this limitation still remains. I would love to be able to create a room key schedule and include a - going to coin a new term - SPP - shared project parameter to define the occupant load factors from IBC table 1004.1.2. I want it to be a shared parameter so a room tag can see it, and want it to be accessible in a key schedule so the value can be automatically filled in for room objects once the room occupancy type is assigned to the room via the keyed parameter.

Login to Give a bone

This is surprisingly still pending with Revit 2015.

Login to Give a bone

Seven years isn't enough of a timeframe these days for Autodesk to fix something that we've been asking for. I guess a hike in subscription costs is not enough either...

Login to Give a bone

05/05/2015 and still not there.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Bummer....you can only use Project Parameters if they are defined as Project Parameters. I guess I'll have to bring this up as an issue with support.
    There are so many times where I see an issue like this that was identified & reported to Autodesk years ago that has never been addressed. They've known about this for 7 years and still nothing.

Another one that comes to mind is the graphics of demolished ACT ceilings in demo RCP's. We're still using the same clumsy work-around that we were forced to use when this broke 6 or so years ago...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lbjorn View Post

I have a key schedule that mimics IBC Table 1004.1.1 which defines the occupancy load factor for different functions of spaces. I tell an Area that it is a Business use and the occupancy load factor is automatically defined, allowing my area schedule to calculate the occupant load through the use of a calculated value parameter in an Area schedule. I know that I cannot tag the calculated value of the load (so we have an additional parameter for the occupant load that displays in the Area tag), but I would like to show the occupancy load factor in the tag as well. Since this parameter (shared) is not available to the key schedule, I am forced to use a system parameter (Comments is the one I am using now) hidden in my key schedule to display the occupancy load factor in my tag since that parameter is available to key schedules and to the tag family.
    This is similar to what I'm trying to do now, but this issue is **SO** much more frustrating now that Revit 2017 allows for tagging calculated values. Before, I had a key schedule for occupancy types (so that OL factor, sf type, etc. would self-populate in the project's occ load schedule), but we had to type the calculated value occupancy load into a separate column to be able to tag it in the floor plans. Cumbersome, but sure...whatever. It worked.

With 2017 I was SO EXCITED about the hype about being able to tag calculated values, but it STILL doesn't work. To tag the calculated value, part of the formula needs to be a shared parameter. The occ load factor would be perfect for this!! BUT since we can't have shared parameters in a Key schedule...now the issue is that we would have to make the Occupancy Load Factor be an instance parameter. So it's preeeeeeety close to zero improvement from before because we would still have to go through and double check that all of the correct load factors were typed in for each room.

Anyone have another solution or ideas?

P.S. just found this thread, and it is exactly my issue. *sigh*
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ght=calculated

p.s. AutoDesk, please start thinking things through when you make "improvements".
    Last edited by ameliephaine; 2017-03-28 at 08:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Exactly the same as my feelings about this and I think I made very similar statements in the Beta forums when this functionality was coming out. It has zero value for this application. My recommendation is to take the calculations completely out of Revit and use Spreadsheet Link and Spreadsheet Link Express from CTC (in the BIM Project Suite) to do this kind of things and populate parameters with computed data. That is exactly what I had set up a while back and can do come complex calculations where I use Area plans for Gross calculations and rooms for Net calculations and aggregate the results on an area plan. It's been a while but if I recall, I was even using a multi-category tag so it can be used on both rooms and areas.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Exactly the same as my feelings about this and I think I made very similar statements in the Beta forums when this functionality was coming out. It has zero value for this application. My recommendation is to take the calculations completely out of Revit and use Spreadsheet Link and Spreadsheet Link Express from CTC (in the BIM Project Suite) to do this kind of things and populate parameters with computed data. That is exactly what I had set up a while back and can do come complex calculations where I use Area plans for Gross calculations and rooms for Net calculations and aggregate the results on an area plan. It's been a while but if I recall, I was even using a multi-category tag so it can be used on both rooms and areas.
    Take a look at this new tool on Revit Store:

It can do exactly what you are asking, and much more.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zhuliyi0 View Post

Here is the link:

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link:
    Ok, no idea why the link is not showing up. The tool’s name is “123 Search”. You can find it on Revit Store.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123