Thread: PROJECT BASE POINT

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default PROJECT BASE POINT

Hi

Got a problem with the project base point. This is a model of the existing building that we are adding a major addition to. The Project base point is no longer at 0,0 it now reports N/S=1'-0 15/64" E/W= 6". If I change the value it moves off my bench mark. I have a previous model of the existing building that shows both the Project Base Point and the Survey Point are the same. (I can't use it - have added a lot of information)

How do I return this to the same 0,0 AS THE SURVEY 0,0

I want to link this model (existing Building) to the existing Site Plan and Link the New Addition to the Site Plan. or should I link the existing to the new building?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PROJECT BASE POINT

I want to clarify a few things before really giving you a concrete answer so that I can be sure I'm pointing you in the right direction.

Why not model the addition in the model using phasing instead of linking?

Why do the project base point and survey point need to be the same (you can move a linked model to the correct position and it will stay there even if you reload it)

Have you tried selecting the project base point in a plan view and moving it over to the survey point to give you the 0,0 that you want to see? I will also note here that when you select the project base point a paper clip icon will appear. If it has a red slash through it the project is not "clipped" to the base point. If it doesn't have a slash then when you move the base point the project will move with it, which could screw up your plans and annotation. If it is "clipped" then click on the paper clip icon so that the slash shows before moving it. Now it will move independent of the project.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PROJECT BASE POINT

Yep, unclip your base point before changing it back to 0,0.