See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

View Poll Results: Would you attend an AU in the UK?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 57.14%
  • No

10 11.90%
  • Likely

9 10.71%
  • Unlikely

17 20.24%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AU in the UK

I could stop if I wanted to lmitsou's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AU in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    My history with AutoDesk U.K. (slight but spread over many years) leads me to doubt everything they say until after it has been proven.
    That's not very encouraging, is it? It's a pity really they gave you this impression. Hopefully it won't be like that... (fingers crossed!).

I made contact with another AutoDesk reseller in the UK, called Excitech (equivalent to MASS-Systems). They will get back to me asap. They asked me to send as much info as I can with regards to LUGs, AUs and CAD Camps and they sounded very interested. Let's see...

To me personally, location doesn't really matter. I will travel anywhere in the UK to attend (that is for both AU and CAD Camps). I do have preferences (a gorgeous place i.e. called Fort William in Scotland and specifically Inverlochy Castle... ~sigh and memories coming back~ ) but anywhere in the UK is absolutely fine by me. But anyway... first thing first! Let's bring AU in the UK!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lmitsou
    I made contact with another AutoDesk reseller in the UK, called Excitech (equivalent to MASS-Systems). They will get back to me asap. They asked me to send as much info as I can with regards to LUGs, AUs and CAD Camps and they sounded very interested. Let's see...
    It's my impression that Excitech are one of the better resellers.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    It's my impression that Excitech are one of the better resellers.
    I didn't have the opportunity to use MASS-SYSTEMS yet so I don't really have a personal opinion about them. Excitech on the other hand, I have used many times and they never let me down. So my impressions are the best.

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

No worries. Cheers!

I am open to suggestions really. I do intend to "start the fire" but it will be up to all of us to keep it going.

Would contacting Lynn Allen be of help. She must be one of the most experienced people in the world of these kind of events.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldRi
    Would contacting Lynn Allen be of help. She must be one of the most experienced people in the world of these kind of events.
    She is also one of the busiest people in the world and I am not quite sure if she will even have the time to reply (personal experience of that. She replied to a question I emailed her only when I saw her at CAD Camp Guildford!!! I have emailed the question to her months and months ago!) although I am sure of her very good intentions.

Doesn't hurt to try though. So yes I will email her.

Thanks for the idea!

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Don't want to leave it all to you but initially it may be better to have one point of contact rather than pestering people with 20 emails from 20 different people about the same topic.

Many thanks for your efforts so far. When this comes off alot of people will gain from this

Login to Give a bone

Don't want to leave it all to you but initially it may be better to have one point of contact rather than pestering people with 20 emails from 20 different people about the same topic.

Absolutely agree. We want to request something, not harass them. I am sure that fellow AUGI members can help in different ways. Maybe talk to their contacts and promote the idea, give me ideas and suggestions and other points of contact, etc. Something along these lines anyway. But for now, I am more than happy to "start the fire" as I said earlier and update you all for the progress.

Many thanks for your efforts so far. When this comes off alot of people will gain from this
    That's the idea.

You are welcome Richard.

Login to Give a bone

No worries. Cheers!
    I am open to suggestions really. I do intend to "start the fire" but it will be up to all of us to keep it going.
    Ok, if you can let us know what needs doing, I will certainly put my shoulder to the grindstone.

Login to Give a bone

Perhaps as a UK body of people we can come to a deal with an airline for the short term as the actual cost of AU Vegas isn't that much compared to the flight cost of up to £2000. I know the architects will want first class but I'm quite happy with club class
    I'd end up cargo class as usual.

The thing is, with AU - Vegas, we would be looking at the US software versions and would struggle to get our voices heard for what we need as non-US users. An EU and/or UK AU would let us highlight the issues we have with what is, esentially, a US program, especially with the verticals, like ADT and ABS. If the EU/UK versions were better suited to our needs, we would be more productive and the software would be more attractive to new users.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by carl_hd_collins
    Ok, if you can let us know what needs doing, I will certainly put my shoulder to the grindstone.
    I definitely will. Many thanks for that. Hopefully, the outcome will reward us all for our efforts.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast