See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

View Poll Results: Would you attend an AU in the UK?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 57.14%
  • No

10 11.90%
  • Likely

9 10.71%
  • Unlikely

17 20.24%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: AU in the UK

I could stop if I wanted to lmitsou's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AU in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Purely personal opinion...

Though I no longer live in the UK, I would love to see an AU style event held in the UK, but in reality I can not see it happening ( would love to be proved wrong on this ).

On the other hand I think a AU style event held in Europe is a lot more realistic, has a greater chance of happening at some point in the future.

The British Isles I feel could definitely handle 8 to 12 AUGI CAD Camps a year; if enough good sponsor / resellers would buy-in to the concept / idea.

Excitech could have handled the first AUGI CAD Camp, but...

Excitech are a pretty decent reseller ( company ), but...
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply (if I am honest, I was looking forward to an input from you since you used to live here).

I do agree with you about Excitech. As a matter of fact, I asked the question why they haven't participated in Cad Camp Guildford. I didn't get an answer yet but I believe I will have it when I speak to more senior staff.

With regards to the event type, I also agree with you. Myself and Carl (Collins) were talking about this very thing this morning and we agreed that it has to be something else (although I think many of us would love to see the AU coming to the UK).

I very much appreciate your comments. I would be grateful if you could possibly help us with advice and guidance (or any other way you see fit) in order to make this event happen.

Thanks Mike!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lmitsou
    Thanks for your reply (if I am honest, I was looking forward to an input from you since you used to live here).

I do agree with you about Excitech. As a matter of fact, I asked the question why they haven't participated in Cad Camp Guildford. I didn't get an answer yet but I believe I will have it when I speak to more senior staff.

With regards to the event type, I also agree with you. Myself and Carl (Collins) were talking about this very thing this morning and we agreed that it has to be something else (although I think many of us would love to see the AU coming to the UK).

I very much appreciate your comments. I would be grateful if you could possibly help us with advice and guidance (or any other way you see fit) in order to make this event happen.
    Hi Mike

No worries... good to see I did not disappoint

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say ( though I do not expect yourself or anyone else to tell me or broadcast such information here in the forums )...

Like I said, I personally believe 8 to 12 AUGI CAD Camps a year in the British Isles is feasible - if enough good sponsor / resellers would buy-in to the concept / idea.

If I can offer any help / assistance just let me know. I can not promise anything, but I will do what I can.

Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike
    Sorry for the confusion. It is Lukas, not Mike. That "Thanks Mike" was for you

No worries... good to see I did not disappoint
    It is a bit disappointing but we need to see the bigger picture and also be realistic. If we can achieve something good here, even if it is not the AU, then we will all gain lots.

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say ( though I do not expect yourself or anyone else to tell me or broadcast such information here in the forums )...

Like I said, I personally believe 8 to 12 AUGI CAD Camps a year in the British Isles is feasible - if enough good sponsor / resellers would buy-in to the concept / idea.

If I can offer any help / assistance just let me know. I can not promise anything, but I will do what I can.

Mike
    Again, many thanks for offerring your help! I really appreciate it.

Lukas (I did it right now! )

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AU in the UK

Hi Lukas
    Sorry for the confusion. It is Lukas, not Mike. That "Thanks Mike" was for you
    my bad. Sorry about that.

It is a bit disappointing but we need to see the bigger picture and also be realistic. If we can achieve something good here, even if it is not the AU, then we will all gain lots.
    If AUGI CAD Camps took off over there ( or any other country for that matter ), you never know where that might lead...

Again, many thanks for offerring your help! I really appreciate it.
    No worries... just give me a shout if need-be...

Lukas (I did it right now! )
    Snap! so did I

: beer : Mike

I could stop if I wanted to Doodlemusmaximus's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

As I've been absent for a little while now just thought I'd put my two pennies worth into this thread and say yes defo get it over here today

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Beldin
    As I've been absent for a little while now just thought I'd put my two pennies worth into this thread and say yes defo get it over here today
    Thanks for the support. A bit drastic, but very welcome!

Login to Give a bone

Login to Give a bone

Great info Mike. Thanks. Shows that nothing is impossible and gives very good ideas.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: AU in the UK

Great info Mike. Thanks. Shows that nothing is impossible and gives very good ideas.

Hi Lukas

No worries...

I may be wrong on this, but I believe AU Japan 2006 was the first *official* sponsored Autodesk AU Japan event.

I do know AUG-JP have held similar events ( but smaller ) in the past - 2004 & 2005. They may have been such events before that ( I think that is the case ), but I am not 100%.

AU Japan 2006 grew from the success of sponsors / resellers willing to continually invest; local CAD users with passion and enthusiasm to make such events a worthwhile experience...

AUG-JP are showing if you start small ( I mean that in the best possible way ), but are successful and willing to put the long term effort in, the rewards are there for the taking.

Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Lukas

No worries...

I may be wrong on this, but I believe AU Japan 2006 was the first *official* sponsored Autodesk AU Japan event.

I do know AUG-JP have held similar events ( but smaller ) in the past - 2004 & 2005. They may have been such events before that ( I think that is the case ), but I am not 100%.

AU Japan 2006 grew from the success of sponsors / resellers willing to continually invest; local CAD users with passion and enthusiasm to make such events a worthwhile experience...

AUG-JP are showing if you start small ( I mean that in the best possible way ), but are successful and willing to put the long term effort in, the rewards are there for the taking.

Mike
    And that, Mike, is exactly what we are after doing in the UK. Start small, build on your success. The article you posted was a great boost for trying to organise a UKAU or EUAU, thanks for that, it's made my week and it's only Monday morning!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast