Thread: Bulletin Drawings and Addendums

Default Bulletin Drawings and Addendums

We need a Bulletin Drawing and Addendum solution. Something where you can capture static data that is not to change. Like a snapshot tool. You need a record of the information as it is at that moment in time when you create the BD. You don't want it to necessarily change when you change the info 12 days later.
    We're "printing" the view with the info we need at that moment, and then bringing that in as a image file into a 8 1/2 x 11 BD Titleblock. It's cumbersome. Anyone else have a good solution.

AUGI Addict

Default Re: Bulletin Drawings and Addendums

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ritchie
    We need a Bulletin Drawing and Addendum solution. Something where you can capture static data that is not to change. Like a snapshot tool. You need a record of the information as it is at that moment in time when you create the BD. You don't want it to necessarily change when you change the info 12 days later.
    We're "printing" the view with the info we need at that moment, and then bringing that in as a image file into a 8 1/2 x 11 BD Titleblock. It's cumbersome. Anyone else have a good solution.
    We have pretty much decided to just print those sheets to PDF. Then we have a record that is static, and the Revit file is always current. I had thought I wanted to right click the view on the addenda sketch sheet and have it turn into an image, but I realized that only addresses the small format sheets, the full size sheets still need to be frozen. Also, it means the Revit file gets bigger and bigger. So now I think it would be useful to be able to batch plot to PDF every sheet from a particular revision. At least making the static files would be quicker then. Then I would delete all the small format views and sheets, and start building new ones for the next go round of revisions. That addresses the static need, as well as keeping the RVT file both current and lean.

Gordon