Thread: MAXWELL, trees, people, vehicles etc.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question MAXWELL, trees, people, vehicles etc.

I can see that Maxwell has excellent material maps, but... Can someone provide some indication on whether such such as trees, people, vehicles, etc..(normally placed via accurender within Revit) can be utilised once a file is transferred into Maxwell? If not, how and where does one source such items for Maxwell renderings. Also, can Maxwell do perspective matching to phtographs?

Any help would be appreciated as i am evaluating purchasing the product. My preferred route for importing files seems either via Viz or Sketchup it seems.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MAXWELL, trees, people, vehicles etc.

(normally placed via accurender within Revit) can be utilised once a file is transferred into Maxwell? If not, how and where does one source such items for Maxwell renderings.
    Some geometry will come across except accurender trees. Best to add trees in VIZ via any of the tree plugins. Maxwell can't handle RPC people etc so you need to use some of the 3D people libraries etc. Other option is photoshop in people and trees during post processing.

Also, can Maxwell do perspective matching to photographs?
    No you need VIZ or similar.

My preferred route for importing files seems either via Viz or Sketchup it seems.
    VIZ is more powerful than sketchup for setting up render scenes. Consider buying MAX if you are need to purchase a new copy of VIZ.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Guy,

two additonal queries;

1. I assume the 3d people libraries you refer to are those associated with Viz/Max not Maxwell?

2. Can you recommend preferred tree / people plugin links that you have used?

Thank again

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

1. I assume the 3d people libraries you refer to are those associated with Viz/Max not Maxwell?
    yes...
    Cars
    people: people,people2
    2. Can you recommend preferred tree / people plugin links that you have used?
    Most success with Maxwell seems to be with Onyx
    I love easynat trees but not cheap.

Guy

Login to Give a bone

One last query Guy, you seem to imply that these trees may not work 100% with Maxwell? Although I assume these are polygon based tree modellers and not RPC type products, is there any limitations with the trees, people, cars and other entourage referred to?

Once again guy, thanks for your advice.

Login to Give a bone

Maxwell is a TOP QUALITY renderer but I have the same problems with you...
    So, here is what I think is best...
    2D Trees, plants, people can be inserted with transparensy map (opacity map in Viz) but Onyxtree would be great.
    Also, some free models and some other collections would be OK too.
    For people, you can choode between lowpolygon3D and AXYZ but generally I think they are all bad for closeups.
    For cars, you can use Dosch3d Cars and any other 3d models you can find free from the internet.
    The most boring and time consuming work you have to do is the transformation of standard materials to Maxwell materials.
    The biggest problem you will have is the 3d lowpoly people or cars. Since their materials are based on a single map if you mess with the UVW of the model coming out from Viz, then you will never be able create the model and the material correctly.
    Generally, Maxwell's engine is the best but the workflow is not good enough yet.
    We got good news from Next Limit and we hope to get better plugins by the end of the year and the 1.2 update in the next 3 months.

I send a sample (done with a very tight deadline so you'll find much to comment) just to show you that even an interesting background can reduce the need for many plants
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dpasa; 2006-11-14 at 08:06 AM.