Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Pile Caps

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Pile Caps

I've just created my first set of 'proper' dynamic blocks (i.e. not just changing visibility states) of pile caps.

Each block has 2 visibility states, plan & elevation and pile sizes range from 200mm dia to 600mm dia in 50mm increments. The cap depth ranges from 700mm to 1m and the pile inset from 75mm to 125mm into the cap.

The 3 pile cap took forever to get working, but I got there eventually.

NOTE: NOW UPDATED TO INCLUDE REFERENCES & DYNAMIC CO-ORDINATES FOR THE PILE CENTRES..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Animal; 2007-12-13 at 11:18 AM. Reason: UPDATED BLOCKS

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Pile Caps

Quote Originally Posted by ti598
    I've just created my first set of 'proper' dynamic blocks (i.e. not just changing visibility states) of pile caps.

Each block has 2 visibility states, plan & elevation and pile sizes range from 200mm dia to 600mm dia in 50mm increments. The cap depth ranges from 700mm to 1m and the pile inset from 75mm to 125mm into the cap.

The 3 pile cap took forever to get working, but I got there eventually.
    Looks like there was a lot of thought and effort placed into making them. I'm sure someone will give your blocks a good home. Congratulations and good work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Cheers dude, Yeah a lot of work and a fair bit of swearing, especially for the 3-pile block - that must have taken a good 4 hours to get right. I kept getting half way through and then every time I tried to add another stretch action it kept telling me I'd picked an invalid action & created a loop even if no other actions were selected so I had to keep erasing all the actions and starting over.

Login to Give a bone

Cheers dude, Yeah a lot of work and a fair bit of swearing, especially for the 3-pile block - that must have taken a good 4 hours to get right. I kept getting half way through and then every time I tried to add another stretch action it kept telling me I'd picked an invalid action & created a loop even if no other actions were selected so I had to keep erasing all the actions and starting over.
    the 'loop' thing happens when you select both action & parameter under an action that for some reason isn't compatible. as a rule of thumb, don't include other actions under actions for a 'mostly' trouble-free DB.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I have just updated these blocks (see first post) and have a quick question.

The 3 pile cap keeps reverting to a 'custom' size when you alter the lookup value and the base point goes wonky - you have to click the size a couple of times to get it right. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Cheers

Paul

Login to Give a bone

I have just updated these blocks (see first post) and have a quick question.

The 3 pile cap keeps reverting to a 'custom' size when you alter the lookup value and the base point goes wonky - you have to click the size a couple of times to get it right. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Cheers

Paul
    Does Rico's explanation help?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Does Rico's explanation help?
    Kind of, but I can't figure out why the basepoint doesn't go to the right place until the SECOND time you click on the size.

The basepoint should be at 2/3rds the vertical length of the pile cap. Is there a way to get the block to work this out itself? I have had to draw all 9 sizes, get the distance of each size and add that to the lookup table.

Login to Give a bone

Kind of, but I can't figure out why the basepoint doesn't go to the right place until the SECOND time you click on the size.

The basepoint should be at 2/3rds the vertical length of the pile cap. Is there a way to get the block to work this out itself? I have had to draw all 9 sizes, get the distance of each size and add that to the lookup table.
    What happens if you regen after the first click?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Nothing happens after a regen - the basepoint stays in the wrong place. If you keep swapping sizes, the basepoint wanders allover the place. It's like the first click sets the size of the pad and the second click puts the basepoint in the right place and I can't work out what's causing it.

Login to Give a bone

Nothing happens after a regen - the basepoint stays in the wrong place. If you keep swapping sizes, the basepoint wanders allover the place. It's like the first click sets the size of the pad and the second click puts the basepoint in the right place and I can't work out what's causing it.
    Do you have your basepoint included in any actions that might be causing it to move? (Aside from the desired move action?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast