I have two ceiling grid demolition issues I am trying to address, and as far as I can tell, there is just no way to deal with a grid ceiling and demolition.

The first is just taking a whole area of grid to be demolished. Then a new header will go in between existing grid and the demo'd area, and a new gyp ceiling will be added. But I can't seem to demo a ceiling grid at all, nor can I split the ceiling into to areas, so I can demo one.

The second issue is probably a wishlist item. I have a bunch of existing 2X2 grid with existing 2X4 lights. I am going to remove all the existing lights, put some new ones back where the old ones where, put some new ones in new locations, and repair the grid at some locations where old lights came out. Graphically, I need to be able to show as demo the small 2' sections of grid where the new lights are going in to new locations. I also need to show as new the 2' grid sections where a light has been removed and the existing grid has been patched.

Also, even though my ceiling was inserted in a Phase Existing view, the grid still shows up black in all views. The walls are showing up right, and indeed in section the ceiling shows up right. But in the Ceiling plan it shows up black, be it a new ceiling, a demo ceiling or an existing ceiling.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gordon