Thread: Array appears to go the other way (backwards) when used from the command line

Login to Give a bone

Default Array appears to go the other way (backwards) when used from the command line

I have a drawing that was sent from another company (aren't all the problems stemmed from this?).

Anyways the array that should be going in the Y direction is going in the X, and the X arrays to the Y. What setting am I missing?

It works if I use the dialog box, but not from the command line.

angdir = 0
    angbase = 0

Thanks in Advance,
    Darin

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Array appears to go the other way (backwards) when used from the command line

Is your UCS set to World?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Array appears to go the other way (backwards) when used from the command line

You gotter otter.

Login to Give a bone

Maybe I should have been more clear, UCS is set to World, so that's not the problem.

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

So you're saying if you want an array 3 in X direction and 5 in Y direction you enter 5 rows and 3 columns and it draws it the opposite of that?

Is there a reason you don't want to use the dialog box or are you just curious as to why it's not working?
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Array appears to go the other way (backwards) when used from the command line

Hi

Is it possible to post the DWG file that exhibits the behaviour you have described above...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I can post the drawing (never done it before) after removing some stuff from it.

As for the previous response, yes if I want 3 Y, 5 X that is exactly what happens, 5 going Y, 3 going X.

I'm an old timer (yeah almost 40!!!) who work the mouse with one hand and keyboard with the other and there are still several commands that are quicker than dialog boxes. (pause for the audible gasp here). So going to the dialog box was my second option to see what the heck was going on.

And always curious.

All AUGI, all the time Richard.Kent's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It seems that the command line -array will honor the snapang setting while the dialog ignores it. Set SNAPANG to zero in your drawing.
    Last edited by Richard.Kent; 2006-11-17 at 10:19 PM. Reason: hit the wrong button and it posted before I was done.

Login to Give a bone

Way to go Kent!!!! Thank you for your answer to this one. We're now off and running.

Thanks
    Darin