Thread: Match Layers to a predefined set of Layers, in Batch Mode

Login to Give a bone

Default Matching Layers to a predefined set of Layers

I am in the process of converting a mass amount of .dgn files drawn in Microstation to AutoDesk .dwg files. Thankfully I figured out how to use the .csv file in Microstation 8 and batch convert the drawings with the correct layer styles, lineweights, fonts, etc. Now I am at the point where I need to match the converted drawings with our DWG Layers. I can open each individual file and use the laytrans command to match layers with a pre-made drawing standards file. But since there are hundreds of drawings to convert, this would be a very long and tedious process. So now I am trying to write a Script that will run everytime AutoDesk is opened; this Script should run the laytrans command so that when the drawing is open we have the layers matched to our current layer states.
    Since I am fairly new with ScriptPro and using Lisps this process is going very slow. If anyone could offer a script to do this or send me in the right direction I would be grateful...
    Last edited by abroseDDG; 2006-11-22 at 06:17 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Match Layers to a predefined set of Layers, in Batch Mode

if you use the layer translator, you should be able to save the settings, so autocad will "remember" what to do with the previous and new layer names and states for the drawings...You can't run it transparently though... you might be able to do "_laytrans" and some how automate it to load (alt+L) etc...