Thread: Annotative Hatch Patterns!

Login to Give a bone

Question Annotative Hatch Patterns!

All,

I have users in the UK who are keen to use Annotative Scales and users who aren’t. Those that have tried them so far find annotative scaling really easy!!! They don’t have to remember what to scale anything by making there lives a lot simpler.

While I have been creating Annotative Text styles / Dim styles / Multi Leader styles etc I have noticed you can control Hatches in the same way. My question is the ACADISO.pat is a file that has basic hatch patterns in from Autodesk all bundled together. There is no relation to scales or anything. If you used all of them in one drawing you have to change the scale of each or some hatches to make them compatible with each other.

Does anyone out there know of the required scales for all ACADISO.pat hatches so that they are compatible with each other? Simply using a scale of 1 for all hatches doesn’t work. Any advice?

Are Autodesk looking at Annotative Linetypes by any chance?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative Hatch Patterns!

How would an 'anotative line type' differ from the current ability to control linetype display by viewport scale using PSLTSCALE?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by duncan.brannan View Post
    All,

I have users in the UK who are keen to use Annotative Scales and users who aren’t. Those that have tried them so far find annotative scaling really easy!!! They don’t have to remember what to scale anything by making there lives a lot simpler.

While I have been creating Annotative Text styles / Dim styles / Multi Leader styles etc I have noticed you can control Hatches in the same way. My question is the ACADISO.pat is a file that has basic hatch patterns in from Autodesk all bundled together. There is no relation to scales or anything. If you used all of them in one drawing you have to change the scale of each or some hatches to make them compatible with each other.

Does anyone out there know of the required scales for all ACADISO.pat hatches so that they are compatible with each other? Simply using a scale of 1 for all hatches doesn’t work. Any advice?

Are Autodesk looking at Annotative Linetypes by any chance?
    As you say, iso hatches (and iso linetypes, for that that matter) don't go together well at the best of times. I certainly wouldn't add the further complication of using them annotatively (if that's a word).

Login to Give a bone

If hatches are created annotatively then users wouldnt have to worry about hatch patterns looking the same at different scaled viewports (It would be done automatically). Thats the whole point of annotative. Annotative styles to me means users not needing to scale anything by a factor, its done for them. If we can get them to work with annotative text / dims / multileaders then we have created the ideal scenario for users. My question is the required scale factors for all iso hatches to be compatible with one an other. Has anyone acheived this?

Annotative linetypes would work on the same principle! No need for psltscale, the linetype styles would have the required scales already in them like text. That was my idea for the wishlist.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by duncan.brannan View Post
    If hatches are created annotatively then users wouldnt have to worry about hatch patterns looking the same at different scaled viewports (It would be done automatically). Thats the whole point of annotative. Annotative styles to me means users not needing to scale anything by a factor, its done for them. If we can get them to work with annotative text / dims / multileaders then we have created the ideal scenario for users. My question is the required scale factors for all iso hatches to be compatible with one an other. Has anyone acheived this?

Annotative linetypes would work on the same principle! No need for psltscale, the linetype styles would have the required scales already in them like text. That was my idea for the wishlist.
    So raise a wish-lish item for the hatches to be redesigned so that they are useable at a consistant scale. I'm sure there would be support for it.