We use an Excel spreadsheet for our combined drawing register and drawing issue sheet - as do many architectural firms. I have recently given ours a complete overhaul, and moved away from MS Word (using tables), as the Word documents were cumbersome, and user un-friendly, generating too many errors in the office.

The problem with the transfer is that we now have a comprehensive worksheet, that can be added to easily without having to copy entire pages, lists can be sorted quickly and easily, and the file sizes are half what the Word document sizes were.

Only problem is that the number of printed pages for a worksheet end up being considerably more through Excel, than it is for Word, simply because we are adding on horizontally for each new revision issued.

I would like to create an Excel spreadsheet that allows us to have a complete drawing register that doubles as an issue sheet, but that can be kept to as few printed pages as possible. I do not know VBA, and we're using LT 2006 / LT 2007.

I have considered a simple issue sheet, but we need to issue the entire register each time to ensure everyone can see the entire drawing issue list at all times (printed out as PDF when issued). The spreadsheet should require as little user input as possible.

I would like to ask what form your Excel based drawing register / issue sheets take.

Examples will be most welcome!

TIA