Thread: Connecting different networks??

Login to Give a bone

Red face Connecting different pipe networks??

Hi all,

I am working with a medium subdivision design with multiple sanitary sewer pipe networks, each associated with a different alignment. This drawing was recently converted from C3d 2006 to C3d 2007, and about half of the runs were already defined. The problem that I'm having is at the junctions (intersections) of different networks. 2007 does not seem to allow me to connect a pipe from one network to the structure from another, although this was allowed in 2006. How is this accomplished with 2007? I would mainly like the inverts in/out to be listed correctly for each structure (they are currently only listed for in/out of pipes in same network only). The runs that were defined in 2006 and were interconnected are correctly showing pipes connected to structures in other networks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Bill
    Last edited by whf; 2006-12-05 at 08:07 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Connecting different networks??

I'm not sure I can help with your current situation but maybe I can help you with future projects. I keep all my sanitary sewer in one network. I realize that back in LDD it was very necessary to keep a pipe run very specific to one alignment. In C3d 2007 sp3 its easy to assign several alignments within one network. The only hiccup I've run into is if i use a circular alignment or any alignment that bends more than 90 degrees from beginning to end. points in the network can find themselves with two correct stations and offsets.