Thread: AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

Just installed A2K7e...wanted to go through the basic tutorial...Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project... option is grayed out...fully registered...all of that...what am I missing?

Mike

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

Mike,

Did you get this resolved? If not, let me know and I will investigate it more with some follow up questions. As of this moments, I can not say why that would happen.

Where you able to open the original tutorial through the Help menu?

AUGI is starting a new ATP class Monday, maybe you would like to join?
    ATP172-AutoCAD Electrical 2007

Renata

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven View Post
    Just installed A2K7e...wanted to go through the basic tutorial...Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project... option is grayed out...fully registered...all of that...what am I missing?

Mike
    Mike,
    though this post i quite some time after yours, I had the same problem when starting with ACADe 2008. I found that the New Project option was greyed out.
    he solution (work-around?) to my problem was to have a drawing open, any drawing. Having a drawing open apparently enables the New Project option. Why this is necessary I do not know. Maybe some of the knowledgeable users of this forum can help here.
    Best regards
    Ulf Herold-Jensen

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

Ulf Herold is dead-on on this one.
    When no drawing is loaded the Project Manager does very little. Also the Tool Pallet disappears.
    There is nothing wrong this is just the way Electrical works.

New users sometimes think something is wrong and close Electrical and when it opens they think it works again. Well it works because Electrical opens with a blank drawing open. Just press new and your back to normal.

My guess is the scripts can’t load until a drawing it present.

Login to Give a bone

Just seen this original post is from 12/20/2006. oops....

However even now the same still applies.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AutoCAD Electrical 2007- Project Manager will not allow me to create a new project

and in fact, (now with a few years experience with this truly awesome package from Adesk) the solution was just that....doh...ya hafta have a drawin' open ta create a new projeck....lol