Thread: AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

First time to post. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I'm running plain Autocad 2007 in my computer & I've set-up my system for quick key-in using CONTROL+HOME for a copy with basepoint command. I've noticed that if I key it in from the CONTROL button on the left side of the key board everything is fine. But when I use the CONTROL button from the right side it sends out a different command. Everything was fine when I was using 2002 & 2004 but now some of my commands do not work properly this one included.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

Hi

Just checking...

Have you confirmed that the right-side Ctrl key is working correctly ie The keyboard itself is working correctly.

Within the Customize User Interface dialog box how did you add your Shortcut Keys ( Accelerator Keys ) to the Keyboard Shortcuts area of the CUI file ?

Plus, which CUI file did you add your Shortcut Keys ( Accelerator Keys ) to ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the control key on the right side of my keyboard works. I've set it up using the keyboard shortcuts in the Acad CUI File. The Macro I used is: ^C^C_copybase & everytime I use it triggers a different command. Actually I tried it again right now & its asking me to save the drawing as another name & when I press cancel the dialog box re-appears 6 times???

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

Quote Originally Posted by ian.119724
    Thanks for the reply. Yes the control key on the right side of my keyboard works. I've set it up using the keyboard shortcuts in the Acad CUI File. The Macro I used is: ^C^C_copybase & everytime I use it triggers a different command. Actually I tried it again right now & its asking me to save the drawing as another name & when I press cancel the dialog box re-appears 6 times???
    Hi

No worries...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Plus, which CUI file did you add your Shortcut Keys ( Accelerator Keys ) to ?
    What CUI files do you have loaded ie

* Main.
    * Enterprise.
    * Partials to the above two.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 - Ctrl + Key combination not working on right-side Ctrl key

I have it in the Main CUI File (acad.cui), & I have other cui's loaded like accov, dbcon, acetmain & some custom CUI's I migrated from my previous Autocad versions.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ian.119724
    I have it in the Main CUI File (acad.cui), & I have other cui's loaded like accov, dbcon, acetmain & some custom CUI's I migrated from my previous Autocad versions.
    Hi

Are all the other CUI files mentioned above, loaded as Partials to your Main CUI file ( acad.cui ) ?

Do you use an Enterprise CUI file ?

Have a good one, Mike