See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started with .NET

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting Started with .NET

Once you have learned a little about .NET, you can read VB.NET Programming for AutoCAD Customization - Level 1 (http://vbcad.com/showabook.asp?BOOKID=5). At the current time, I am about half way through it. The time and frustration which it has saved me is well worth the price.

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

What exactly is .NET? Is it the same as VB.NET or just VB? What are the differences?

Login to Give a bone

.NET is the next generation of MS programming languages. It is a common foundation for all the languages (C++,VB, C#, J#, ASP). It has a common language runtime built into windows that all the languages use. Each language is compiled to an intermeditate language (IL) that, then uses the CLR. You can even mix languages in the same project. It can support COM as well.
    C:> ED WORKING....

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    .NET is the next generation of MS programming languages. It is a common foundation for all the languages (C++,VB, C#, J#, ASP). It has a common language runtime built into windows that all the languages use. Each language is compiled to an intermeditate language (IL) that, then uses the CLR. You can even mix languages in the same project. It can support COM as well.
    Thanks Ed,
    That clears some things up. All these acronyms and dots get confusing at times. I'm thinking about trying out .NET. But did not know how related it was to VB or VBA.

Login to Give a bone

Kean Walmsley has posted some DevTech videos on Introductions to some of their api's.

Login to Give a bone

ADN training courses schedule. Some classes are webcasts. The ones that have already been done have download links on the right column.

API documentation Download the Object arx docs, they provide the helpfiles you need. Then download the NET labs for some sample code.

Login to Give a bone

This video helps a ton...amazing!

I will pass this on to my...buddy...right...my buddy who is having trouble with the .NET api.

Thanks for the links Ed.

Ben

Login to Give a bone

I was setting up a new computer with a dev environment, and I had forgotten how I did some things. I had to figure it all out again. One of the big things is the way to get the .NET docs into the IDE help. Since this is so useful, I thought I'd put the procedure here.

Grab the following help file and install it:

http://www.objectarx.net/downloads/O...NET(help2).zip

Once that is installed, you need to tell your IDE to use it. That varies between IDEs. But if you are using Visual Studio or VS Express 2008, type the following into Internet Explorer:

Code:
    ms-help://MS.VSCC.v90/dv_vscccommon/local/CollectionManager.htm
    If you are using the 2005 edition, replace "v90" in that line with "v80". Then select the ObjectARX library from the list and hit "Update VSCC". Your Autocad .NET help will now be integrated with Visual Studio.

Login to Give a bone

And now I've also made the starts of some sample frameworks available for download from Quux Software.

There are three projects included in one solution (using VS 2008 C# Express). Two of the included projects work only with Civil-3D, but the AcadUtilities one should be using only the core managed DLLs, and should work in any Autodesk product (although I haven't tried them in anything but Civil-3D). Obviously, you would need to relink the references, and then try to figure out how to use the code by looking at the other two projects. At some point, I'll try to get a Vanilla-only download put together with some sample commands.

This library is currently in the process of being shifted over from a somewhat clunky approach that I first used, into a much-nicer component-based approach. As such, it is subject to change significantly in the future. Parts of the frameworks are still implemented in a "messy" way, and other parts are implemented with the new components, so you can see the difference by comparing different commands. It is much easier to customize Autocad when you can simply grab a combo box that lets the user select a layer by name and/or pick a layer in the drawing and/or create a new layer, and just drag-n-drop it onto a form, and have all that functionality working without writing any code. All that grungy stuff involving managing lists in combo boxes, etc., is all done once, in the components, and then just drag-n-dropped into everything else.

Eventually, I'll also get some measure of documentation put together, as well. And it is all written in C#, so you VBers need to translate if you want to use it. But if you are trying to figure out how to customize an Autodesk product with .NET, you may find it very useful. And it is being released under a very loose license, so you may even use it in commercial development, with only the lightest of restrictions. This is a gift to the community, in the interests of furthering the general knowledge in the community at large.

Enjoy!

Login to Give a bone

I want to learn a .net course on online. Can any one suggest me one online course we3b site on .net. At present i don't know anything about .net.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast